What is Yeast Infection?
Yeast Infections are also referred to as Candidiasis as such infections are usually caused by excessive growth of yeast known as Candida Albicans. Basically, Candida Albicans is a diploid fungi generally found in the mouth, gastrointestinal tract and the vagina. A warm and moist environment favors the growth of this microorganism.
The most common site of Yeast infection in babies is mouth and diaper area. In adults, these infections commonly occur around dentures, under breasts, nail beds or other areas with skin folds that serve as effective sites for infections. Yeast infection in the vagina, known as Vaginal Candidiasis, is quite common in women. Yeast infection is not a very serious problem unless the infection becomes systematic, that is, develops all over the body.
For treatment, the conventional medicines, though effective, are known to cause side effects at a later stage. On the other hand, natural home remedies for Yeast Infection are safe and equally effective in curing such infections. Recurring yeast infections indicate the presence of a more serious illness like Leukemia, Diabetes, AIDS etc.
Causes and Symptoms of Yeast Infection
A weak immune system that fails to inhibit this type of fungal infection is the most important cause of Yeast Infection. Intake of steroids and medicines like antibiotics, or the ones used in the treatment of cancer also result in the same.
Urinary catheters or other similar devices implanted in the skin promote the growth of yeast leading to Yeast Infection. Hormonal changes due to consumption of birth control pills, menstruation, douching solutions etc can cause Vaginal Yeast Infection in women.
Yeast infections are generally characterized by itching, redness, dryness, soreness and a variety of other signs and symptoms depending on the location of the infection. Oral Yeast infections, also known as Thrush, are characterized by white coat on the tongue and the may look red without this coating. Besides Yeast Infection on skin folds results in rashes, dry flaky skin and pustules (pus containing lesions). Vaginal Yeast Infection is accompanied by pain, discharge with foul odor and a burning sensation.
Natural Home Remedies for Yeast Infection
• Soaking the affected area in a solution of warm water mixed with half a cup of apple cider vinegar and the same amount of salt is one of the simplest natural home remedies for Yeast Infection itching.
• Similarly, soaking in warm water mixed with cornstarch and baking soda helps reduce itchiness caused by such infections.
• Garlic is highly beneficial in the treatment of Yeast Infections. It acts as an effective anti fungal agent to safely heal the infection. It can be eaten raw or applied topically on the problem area.
• Eating plain yogurt is one of the most highly recommended natural home remedies for Yeast Infections. It can also be applied topically on the affected area, especially in case of Vaginal Candidiasis.
• Applying honey on the affected area is a tried and trusted natural remedy for Yeast Infection treatment at home.
• Application of diluted tea tree oil helps to relieving this infection. Though, it should be used carefully as it is strong. Douche prepared from tea tree oil is also considered a good remdy in this regard.
• Regularly drinking a glass of buttermilk is one of the easiest possible and non messy natural home remedies for Yeast Infections.
• Herbal douche prepared from sage, raspberry or comfrey leaf and a quarter pat of goldenseal is beneficial in getting rid of Yeast Infection naturally. But, douches should be avoided as far as possible.
• Drinking cranberry juice is a valuable home remedy for curing Yeast Infections, especially Vaginal Yeast Infection.
• Grapefruit seed extract and olive leaf extract serve as therapeutic home remedies for Yeast Infections.
• Consumption of organic coconut oil is useful in curing as well as preventing Yeast Infections.
Diet for Yeast Infection
There is no specific diet for dealing with Yeast Infections. Though, consumption of easily digestible foods and fresh fruits, vegetables, whole grains and drinking plenty of water can facilitate the healing process and avoid any further complications. Besides, the consumption of sugars should be restricted as yeasts are known to feed on sugars. Apart from these remedial measures, try not to wear wet or tightly fitted clothes to avoid further inconvenience.
i need remedy for fungal infection in lungs