What are Zits?
Zits are commonly known as Pimples or Acne. Simply put, Zits are skin inflammations that mostly occur on the face. But, they can appear on the neck, upper back, chest, scalp and shoulders as well. This condition is more common in teenagers going through normal hormonal changes.
This skin condition is usually caused due to overactive oil glands. This excessive oil tends to combine with the dead skin cells to block skin pores. This, in turn gives rise to bacterial infections that cause the visible skin inflammations or Pimples.
Individuals suffering from this condition are often tempted to pop or pick these Zits in order to get rid of them. But, this popping of Zits is usually not recommended as it can worsen the condition by spreading the infection even further. Moreover, it may result in scarring too.
Therefore, it is beneficial to cure Zits with the help of simple yet effective natural home remedies for Zits. The remedies have been in effect since time immemorial and are quite popular among the masses. This safe and natural home treatment makes use of cheap and easily available ingredients that have no harmful side effects.
Causes and Symptoms of Zits
There are two most common causes of Zits. As mentioned earlier, the normal hormonal fluctuation occurring during adolescence is the most common cause of this problem. The hormonal fluctuation makes the sebaceous glands to become overactive and produce more oil.
This increased production of oil tends to block the hail follicles by combining with the dead skin cells. The blocked pores provide a favorable environment for bacterial growth thereby creating Zits. Zits tend to clear up by themselves when caused by age.
Besides, certain individuals have a genetic predisposition to develop Zits. Males are more likely to suffer from this problem as compared to their female counterparts. Females, on the other hand, may complain of this problem during menstruation due to hormonal changes. Consumption of sweet and oily foods is often held responsible for causing Zits.
These factors, along with the habit of cigarette smoking can only aggravate this problem but they can not cause it wholly. Zits are also not caused by poor hygiene. Hence, washing the face several times in a day is not helpful in the treatment of Zits.
On the contrary, it tends to drain away the essential natural oils from the skin. The affected individual simply needs to wash the face two to three times in a day to maintain proper hygiene in general and avoid aggravation of the disease.
The most obvious sign of Zits is the presence of skin inflammations. These individual or collective bumps on the skin are usually red or black in color. The condition may also be accompanied by mild pain and skin irritation. Bacterial infection may also result in the formation of pus. Visible scars may be left behind even after healing in case of picking or popping of Zits.
Natural Home Remedies for Zits
• Massaging the affected area with raw garlic a few times in a day is one of the easiest possible natural home remedies for Zits. This natural remedy works best when supplemented with regular consumption of about three raw garlic cloves for about one month.
• Applying a mixture of olive oil, honey and sandalwood powder is a tried and tested home remedy used to cure Zits naturally.
• Prepare a mixture by adding one teaspoon of cinnamon powder in three tablespoons of honey. Apply this mixture on the Pimples overnight and wash it off with lukewarm water in the morning. Continue this home remedy for at least 15 days to relieve this problem effectively.
• Similarly, a face mask prepared from honey, nutmeg and lime juice is also beneficial. It should be applied for about one hour and then washed with the help of warm water. Nutmeg can also be used in combination with black pepper and sandalwood.
• Aloe vera gel is one of the most effective home remedies for Zits treatment. It can be applied on the Zits to heal them and aloe vera juice can be taken internally to cure the disease internally.
• A combination of one teaspoon of coriander juice or mint juice and a pinch of turmeric powder can be safely applied on the affected area to heal Zits in a natural way.
• Application of lemon juice on Pimples is one of the most popular natural home remedies for Zits. Juice extracted from margosa leaves is also beneficial in this regard.
• Steep two to three teaspoons of dried basil leaves in a cup of boiling water. Cool the solution and then apply it on the affected area with the help of a cotton ball. Follow this home remedy regularly over a period of time to cure Zits and Acne.
• Crush some orange peels along with some water and apply this paste on the Zits to get rid of them.
• Simply applying grated cucumbers or tomato pulp can also help a great deal in reducing Acne and Pimples. Cucumber can also be applied in combination with tea tree oil.
• Prepare a paste by mixing oatmeal and yogurt. Apply this paste on the face and let it dry. Finally wash it off with lukewarm water. This home remdy is highly beneficial in reducing Zits to a great extent.
• Wash the face and apply a mixture of rose water and lime juice mixed in equal proportions. Then, wash it off after half an hour to eliminate Zits and improve the condition of skin. Lime juice can also be used in combination with groundnut oil.
• Mix some raw milk and green gram flour. Regular application of this therapeutic mixture is one of the most successful natural home remedies for Zits.
• Take one tablespoon of yogurt, one tablespoon of gram flour, one teaspoon of olive oil and a quarter teaspoon of powdered orange peels. Mix these ingredients and apply the resultant mixture on the face and neck. Then, wash it off with warm water and then with cold water after the mixture dries.
• Regularly applying fresh raw papaya juice is useful in reducing Zits and Pimple effectively.
• Crush some fenugreek leaves to form a paste. Apply this paste on the face overnight and wash it off in the morning. Follow this therapy on a regular basis to get rid of Zits once and for all.
• Regular application of a combination of roasted and powdered cloves and yogurt is useful in the home treatment of Zits.
• Make a homemade face mask by adding some honey in grated apples. Let this face mask remain on the face for about 15 to 20 minutes. Finally, rinse the face with the help of warm water to heal the problem. Fuller’s earth face pack is useful in removing Zits, especially in case of oily skin.
• Applying a paste prepared from roasted and powdered pomegranate peels along and some lime juice helps in dealing with Zits in a natural way.
Diet for Zits
A well balanced and healthy diet with special emphasis on vitamin A, vitamin E and zinc is highly beneficial in the natural treatment of Zits at home. Plus, drink a glass of wheat grass juice on a daily basis to alleviate this problem effectively. Soybean, corn, sunflower, safflower and other such oils are rich sources of fatty acids that help prevent Zits.
Fresh fruits and fruit juices should be positively included in the diet to facilitate the process of healing and make the skin healthy. Moreover, drink plenty of water throughout the day and avoid strong beverages like tea, coffee and alcohol. Besides, restrict the consumption of fatty foods as they are not healthy for the skin as well as the body on the whole.