Battling with Dandruff on scalp is an extremely annoying experience but it can be made less annoying to a great extent by properly following a number of tips and home remedies to control Dandruff naturally. As severe Dandruff causes social embarrassment, people often resort to harmful Dandruff control methods for quick relief but later find themselves struggling even harder to get rid of this problem.
Besides, Psoriasis, Seborrheic Dermatitis of the scalp and other such skin conditions can give rise to excessive flaking. Parkinson disease and other similar neurological conditions can also cause the same.
If you are worried that this embarrassing problem can cause hair fall as well then you would be relieved to know that Dandruff does not lead to hair loss. However, if you keep itching your scalp persistently, it would surely weaken the roots of hair. In addition, Dandruff is not contagious.
Natural Home Remedies to Control Dandruff
• Boil four tablespoons of dried thyme in two cups of water for ten minutes. Next, cool and strain the mixture. Finally, massage the scalp with this solution after washing hair to control Dandruff naturally. Let the solution stay on your scalp for a long time. Follow this therapy about two to three times in a week.
• Applying a fenugreek paste is one of the most popular natural home remedies to control Dandruff. To prepare this natural remedy, soak tablespoons of fenugreek seeds in water overnight and grind them into a paste in the morning. Apply the paste on the scalp and rinse it after half an hour.
• Using a mixture prepared by adding two tablespoons of ginger juice and half a teaspoon of lemon juice in three tablespoons of sesame oil serves as an effective natural treatment to control Dandruff. Ginger juice can also be used along with equal amount of beetroot juice to remove Dandruff. Wash the hair after half an hour. You can also use a combination of one teaspoon of lemon juice and two teaspoons of vinegar.
• Washing your hair with a mixture of beet, peppermint and apple cider vinegar is highly beneficial in getting rid of Dandruff. To prepare this Dandruff control remedy, boil four tablespoons of dried peppermint and three beets (roots and tops cut into pieces) in a liter of water for one hour. Cool and strain the mixture. Finally, add a cup of vinegar in it and use the solution to rinse.
• Application of apple cider vinegar mixed with equal amount of water is one of the best natural home remedies to control Dandruff. Use this mixture as a final rinse after shampooing. Alternatively, take a cup of water mixed with two tablespoons of straight vinegar and apply it on scalp at least 15 minutes before washing your hair.
• Regularly massaging the scalp with warm coconut oil mixed with a few drops of lemon juice is quite a common Dandruff home remedy. You can also apply a combination of warm olive oil and ginger root for about 20-30 minutes.
• Take some peels and seeds of ash gourd and boil them in coconut oil. Finally, apply this mixture on your scalp to reduce Dandruff. It is also promotes hair growth.
• Home treatment for Dandruff on oily hair involves the use of a combination prepared by mixing three drops of tea tree oil, a drop of rosemary and two drops each of lemon oil, juniper oil and cedarwood oil in two tablespoons of olive oil. Massage this mixture on scalp is a highly beneficial natural way to control Dandruff.
• Applying curd that has been kept for fermentation for 2-3 days is another useful natural remedy to control Dandruff. Let it stay on the scalp and head for about an hour, then wash it off. You can also add a few drops of lime juice in curd.
• Regularly applying aloe vera gel on scalp overnight is a simple yet effective natural cure to reduce and control Dandruff. You can also rub aloe vera gel on scalp 15-20 minutes before shampooing.
• A combination of olive oil and crushed rosemary leaves is one of the most valuable natural home remedies to control Dandruff. Alternatively, you can simply apply rosemary oil as a good Dandruff natural cure.
• An important tip to control Dandruff through natural remedies is to apply herbal infusions or solutions on scalp after making your hair somewhat damp. This helps in making the solution penetrate to your scalp more easily. Adding two drops of neem oil, three drops of tea tree oil and a teaspoon of olive oil in your regular shampoo before using it is one of the most popular tips for Dandruff control treatment.
When dealing with Dandruff, wash your hair on a regular basis (at least two times in a week) with a mild shampoo containing 5% tea tree oil. Or, you can also add about 7-10 drops of grapefruit seed extract in your shampoo.
In addition, brush your hair more often with a wide tooth comb to improve circulation. Avoid hats, especially tight ones because it can encourage yeast infection by providing a favorable dark environment for microorganisms.
Avoid using strong hair styling products on the scalp as they can cause irritation. Besides, apply herbal infusions like that of sage, burdock, horsetail etc as excellent natural home remedies to control Dandruff.