Headaches, whether mild or severe, can be caused by numerous reasons. They can also be accompanied by other symptoms like nausea, vomiting, blurred vision, confusion etc. As the problem can cause a great deal of discomfort and disrupt your normal activities, you can adopt a number of home remedies to cure Headaches naturally.
Secondary Headaches, on the other hand, are less common but are caused by underlying structural problems as in case of Meningitis, Brain Tumor, Subarachnoid Hemorrhage and other such conditions.
In addition, issues like caffeine withdrawal, discontinuation of analgesic medicines etc may also trigger this problem. Stress, sleeping problems, high blood pressure, low blood sugar, allergy, sinus infection, hangover, sun exposure, fatigue, and certain foods and food additives may also cause the same.
More often than not, Headaches are caused by contraction of muscles on neck, face or scalp, or due to dilation of dilation of blood vessels. As this problem can be caused by several reasons, effective treatment depends on identifying the exact cause. Still, you can use the following natural home remedies to cure Headaches in general.
Natural Home Remedies to Cure Headaches
• Prepare a strong tea mixed with some lemon grass, ginger, cardamom powder and honey. Drinking this herbal tea is highly beneficial in relieving Headaches. Chamomile tea is also useful in reducing Headaches because it works as a sedative.
• Soaking your feet in warm bath water mixed with a few drops of rose essential oil is one of the most efficient natural home remedies to cure Headaches. Sniffing rose oil or using a combination of rose oil and any carrier oil for massaging can help reduce stress and relax the mind.
• Applying sandalwood paste on forehead serves as a valuable natural cure for Headaches. To prepare this Headache home remedy, just mix a little bit of water in sandalwood powder. Similarly, a paste prepared from cinnamon powder and water can also be used to reduce the pain.
• Having a glass of warm water mixed with honey and cinnamon is one of the most popular natural cures for Headache relief.
• Rubbing pure lavender oil on the temples is one of the most effective natural home remedies to cure Headaches caused by Migraine. Lavender oil can also be used in combination with peppermint oil by mixing eight drops of the former and two drops of peppermint oil in two cups of cold water. Finally, soak a wash cloth in the solution, wring it and apply on your forehead and back of neck for about 10-15 minutes.
• Inhaling steam of boiling water mixed with a few drops of eucalyptus oil or peppermint oil is highly beneficial in the home treatment of Headaches caused by sinus pressure. An infusion prepared by boiling a handful of rosemary herb in a liter of water can also be used in the same way to reduce Headaches resulting from colds.
• An easy tip to get rid if Headaches is to drink water or tea mixed lemon juice. You can also grind lemon peels and apply the resultant paste on temples and forehead as a therapeutic Headache home treatment.
• Applying an ice pack on the forehead is a common natural remedy to cure Headache caused by Hangover. To heal Headaches caused by Sinusitis, use hot compress for 15 minutes for about 3-4 times in a day.
• Having watermelon juice mixed with sugar is the simplest natural treatment for Headaches caused by heat. Orange juice can also be used. Another simple tip to relieve Headaches is to regularly eat an apple in the morning for at least one week.
• Alternative therapies like yoga, acupuncture, aromatherapy etc also serve as excellent natural home remedies to cure Headaches. Besides, when dealing with Headaches, try to take sufficient rest and sleep properly.
You can also go for a light walk. In fact, exercising regularly is useful in avoiding Headaches as it tends to improve blood circulation. In addition, avoid having chocolate, red meat, smoking, drinking alcohol and consuming foods containing spices, condiments, artificial additives etc.