Smoking is a nasty and unhealthy addiction that is difficult but not impossible to give up. This can be achieved naturally by adopting natural home remedies to quit smoking and a lot of will power. In addition, be persistent and keep realistic expectations.
Smoking is best described as a psychological habit and physical addiction. Nicotine present in cigarette is an addictive substance that makes it hard to quit this habit.
Nonetheless, it is essential to stop smoking as soon as possible because it can cause and aggravate a number of health problems for instance, gum disease, heart disease, high blood pressure, depression, diabetes, infertility, lung cancer and so on and so forth.
There are various natural herbs and home remedies to quit smoking that can help you in your struggle to make it to the list of ex-smokers and inspire other smokers as well to stop smoking.
Natural Home Remedies to Quit Smoking
• Replace smoking with other hobbies like exercising, knitting, engaging in art related work etc to keep your mind and body busy. Avoid fatigue.
• While quitting smoking, eat carrots, cucumbers, sunflower seed, nuts, chips, celery, cheese sticks or other crunchy foods to deal with nicotine craving that is often mistaken for hunger. Having plenty of water serves as another valuable natural remedy for quitting smoking.
• Peppermint, chamomile, willow, valerian, skullcap, hops and other such herbs can you stop smoking. Useful tip: Start having St John’s wart tea or tincture two to three weeks before beginning with a procedure to quit smoking. It has soothing and anti depressant properties that can help a great deal in the process of getting rid of nicotine dependency.
• Chewing licorice sticks or sugarcane stubs is a highly beneficial natural cure for this problem. Ginger, lobelia and boiled oats are also useful in dealing with nicotine cravings and reducing withdrawal symptoms. Taking two tablespoons of baking soda in a glass of water with every meal is also helpful.
• As smoking breaks down vitamin C and replaces it with other elements found in nicotine, one of the most highly recommended tips and natural remedies to quit smoking involve the inclusion of more vitamin C rich foods and juices in the dies.
Orange is highly beneficial in this regard. Moreover, having a combination of one glass orange juice and half a teaspoon of cream of tarter before going to sleep is helpful in flushing out nicotine and other toxins from the body. Follow this remedy for at least one week.
• Steep some dry eucalyptus leaves in two glasses of boiling water for about an hour and mix one tablespoon each of honey and glycerin. Consume about 50 ml of the solution 5-7 times in a day. Follow this anti smoking natural treatment for at least three to four weeks.
• Having a mixture of juice extracted from fresh grated radish and two teaspoons of honey twice a day one of the most popular natural home remedies for quitting smoking. Regular consumption of grapefruit juice helps avoid lung cancer caused by smoking.
• If you have a habit of smoking right after having meals then have a few pieces of your favorite fruits, desserts, chocolate, candy or sugarless gum. Follow this simple tip and do not give in to the temptation of smoking.
• Regularly consuming foods high in alkaline content serves as an effective home treatment to quit smoking. Alkaline rich foods like spinach, broccoli, dried lima beans, beet greens, almonds, figs, apples, raisins etc help in suppressing the cravings and eventually getting rid of smoking addiction.
• Avoid caffeinated, alcoholic and carbonated beverages. Restrict the consumption of flesh foods and highly seasoned because they tend to enhance the taste of cigarettes.
• Have a relaxing hot shower or bath instead of relying on smoking for relaxation.
• Home remedies to quit smoking can also involve the use of therapies like acupuncture, acupressure, hypnosis, aromatherapy etc.