Like Acne and Blackheads, appearance of Whiteheads on skin is another common skin problem that can be healed by adopting some natural home remedies to remove Whiteheads before they give rise to Acne Vulgaris or Cystic Acne.
Unlike Blackheads, Whiteheads are not exposed to air and do not get oxidized. Hence, they remain white or yellow-white in color instead of turning brown/black.
They commonly appear on nose, chin and above cheek bones. The problem is primarily caused by excessive secretion of sebum by the sebaceous glands. Listed below are some of the most effective natural home remedies to remove Whiteheads.
Natural Home Remedies to Remove Whiteheads
• Facial steaming for about 5-7 minutes is considered as one of the best natural cures to remove Whiteheads. To follow this home treatment, boil some water in a pan and pour it in a shallow bowl.
Next, place a towel over your head and take the steam by putting your face almost 12 inches away from the water to help open clogged pores. Alternatively, you can also use a warm compress by soaking a towel or washcloth in hot water. Finally, dab some apple cider vinegar on the affected area. Follow this therapy three times in a week.
• Mix some water in crushed fenugreek leaves to form a paste. Apply the paste for 15-20 minutes and then wash it off with warm water. This is one of the most popular natural home remedies to remove Whiteheads.
• Prepare a mixture by adding cornstarch in vinegar and apply it on face. After 10-15 minutes, rinse it off with warm water to get rid of Whiteheads from face.
You can also use a paste prepared from two tablespoons each of sandalwood powder and rose water (use normal water in case rose water is not available) to heal Whiteheads naturally at home.
• Another valuable natural remedy for Whiteheads removal is to apply ten parts of lemon juice mixed with one part each of sandalwood oil and rosemary oil and then rinse it off with cold water after a minute.
• Applying a combination of equal parts of fresh lime juice and pomegranate juice on skin for about an hour is a highly beneficial natural treatment to remove Whiteheads. If possible, you can also use a paste prepared from roasted, powdered pomegranate peels and water.
• Honey serves as a versatile natural cure to reduce Whiteheads and various other issues like wrinkles, blemishes etc. So, massage your with honey for about 5 minutes. Then, leave it on skin for 10-15 minutes and gently tap the area above the cheekbones, nose and chin when honey becomes sticky. Finally, wash it off with warm water remove Whiteheads naturally.
• Wiping the affected area with a cotton ball soaked in fresh lemon juice is one of the easiest natural home remedies to remove Whiteheads on face. Follow this Whitehead removal home remedy regularly at night before bedtime.
• Prepare a natural homemade cleansing lotion by mixing two teaspoons of lime juice and a pinch of salt in approximately 50 ml of raw milk. Apply it on your skin for a few minutes and then wipe with a moist cotton ball.
• Application of homemade exfoliating face scrub prepared from honey, almonds and lemon juice is also helpful in reducing and controlling Whiteheads on face. Prepare the natural scrub by mixing a tablespoon of honey and some lemon juice in two tablespoons of ground almonds.
Apply it on face for about five minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water. Another easy Whiteheads removal home treatment is to use a facial scrub prepared from grated almonds and fresh milk cream. This is particularly beneficial in case of sensitive skin.
To derive maximum benefit from these natural home remedies to remove Whiteheads, make sure you follow them on a regular basis. In addition, you can use deep pore cleanser to prevent Whiteheads.
Plus, it is suggested that you apply mild exfoliating scrubs about one or two times in a week. You can use steam therapy after exfoliating.
Another tip for dealing with Whiteheads is to use pore tightening products after the removal of Whiteheads to as prevent them from occurring again. Moreover, opt for skin care products containing benzyl peroxide, salicylic acid or AHAs. Avoid using oil based makeup products. Do not use harsh or intrusive products for Whitehead removal because at times, they tend to heal on their own within a few days.