Depending on quick teeth whitening therapies like laser teeth whitening procedure, can be effective but have their own risks and side effects, not to mention the whooping costs. So, if you are willing to explore other options then you can surely try natural home remedies to whiten teeth instantly.
Your pearly whites tend to become pale, yellow or brown over a period of time due to a number of factors. Some such factors are old age, cigarette smoking, tobacco abuse, hereditary factors, dental traumas, tooth decay, regularly drinking water containing too much fluoride, excessive consumption of tea, coffee and various other foods causing staining etc.
Moreover, prolonged use of antibiotics, high blood pressure medicines, antihistamines and mouthwashes containing cetylpyridinium chloride and cetylpyridinium chloride contribute in causing Yellow Teeth.
At times, internal staining and certain developmental conditions also lead to tooth discoloration. Such cases usually require internal teeth whitening treatments.
Natural Home Remedies to Whiten Teeth Instantly
When adopting these natural home remedies to whiten teeth instantly, keep in mind that these natural treatments will give encouraging results when followed on a regular basis.
However, do not be obsessed with the idea of getting whiter teeth too soon or else your tooth enamel may be eroded due to excessive use of acidic and abrasive elements.
• As vinegar works as a teeth whitening agent, rinse your mouth with apple cider vinegar as an effective natural remedy to whiten teeth. Do not use this home remedy too often as it can damage tooth enamel.
• Using a mixture of one teaspoon baking soda and a pinch of salt is one of the most popular natural home remedies to whiten teeth instantly. Simply applying a paste of baking soda and water is also beneficial.
• Hydrogen peroxide also has teeth whitening properties. So, you can use a combination of one teaspoon of 3% hydrogen peroxide and two teaspoons of baking soda along with your toothpaste to improve teeth coloration.
Follow this procedure once in a week and rinse your mouth thoroughly after using it. A homemade mouthwash prepared by adding a tablespoon of baking soda in one and a half teaspoon of hydrogen peroxide in half a cup of water is another popular teeth whitening remedy.
• Rubbing hard wood ash on teeth is another popular way to whiten teeth naturally at home because it contains potassium hydroxide that works as a good bleaching agent. Nonetheless, it should not be used excessively or else it may cause thinning of enamel over a period of time.
• Rubbing the inside of an orange peel on teeth is a highly beneficial natural treatment to whiten teeth. A mixture of dried and powdered orange peels and bay leaves is also useful in reducing tooth discoloration.
• Apples, pears, celery, broccoli, cucumber, carrots, guavas and other such foods are considered as excellent natural cures to whiten teeth at home. This simple home treatment works by stimulating saliva production in mouth. Saliva, in turn, helps whiten teeth by scrubbing away stains. Regular consumption of these foods avoids tooth decay as well.
• Applying a mixture of crushed strawberries and some baking soda is one of the simplest natural home remedies to whiten teeth instantly. Make sure you brush your teeth immediately after applying the mixture. Rubbing strawberries on teeth is also helpful in making teeth whiter.
• Rubbing sage leaves on teeth is highly beneficial in removing stains and hence healing teeth discoloration. It also prevents bad breath. Walnut tree bark can also be used in the same way to improve teeth color and eliminate stains.
• Lemon peel and juice have bleaching properties that can help whiten teeth. You can use the juice by putting a few drops of lemon juice on toothbrush and then brushing particularly on stained spots. Lemon juice can also be used in combination with baking soda or salt.
These lemon juice teeth whitening natural cures, however, are not recommended by some people because of the acidic nature of lemon juice that can damage tooth enamel and reduce calcium over time.
• Needless to add, maintaining proper oral hygiene not only helps in reducing tooth discoloration but also prevents bad breath, gum disease and several other tongue problems. Regular dental checkups are also important.
Apart from following the natural home remedies to whiten teeth instantly, you also need to rinse your mouth thoroughly after consuming chromogenic foods like blueberry, blackberry, beets, chocolates, tea, coffee, red whine, cranberry juice, dark sodas and other such items that cause staining in order to retain your dazzling smile.