Cellulite also referred to as ‘orange-peel’ or ‘cottage cheese’ skin is a common problem, particularly in women. It usually affects the skin around the abdomen, hips, buttocks, thighs, and other areas of fat deposits.
Contrary to the popular misconception, this unsightly, dimpled appearance of skin is not caused by obesity. It is caused by hormonal factors, genetic factors, alteration of connective tissue structure, excessive dieting, changes in metabolism, high-stress lifestyle, and certain other factors.
Though there is no definitive treatment for cellulite, it is believed that exercising and massaging the skin can help reduce this problem.
Moreover, you can consider using body wraps to improve circulation to the skin and get rid of cellulite to some extent. Hydrating the skin and losing excess weight can also help.
Homemade Cellulite Reduction Recipes
- • Slightly heat half a cup of coffee grounds mixed with extra-virgin olive oil in a microwave for 20 seconds. Spread the mixture on the affected area and apply a plastic wrap on it. You can also use a cellophane sheet for this purpose. Leave it for 20-30 minutes and then wash it off with warm water.
- • Another recipe involves massaging warm coffee grounds on the affected area, wrapping it with moist seaweed strips, followed by a plastic wrap.
After half an hour, remove the wrap and rinse the skin with warm water while massaging it in circular motion. You can use this recipe a couple of times in a week.
- • Seaweed is considered beneficial for curing cellulite as it promotes local vasodilatation and improves skin texture. Thus, you can mix half a cup each of green clay, a quarter cup of lime juice, three tablespoons of hot water, and a tablespoon of organic honey.
Apply this mask on your skin, wrap a plastic wrap on it and wash it off after 20-30 minutes. Follow this treatment on a weekly basis.
- • Prepare a homemade body wrap by mixing five tablespoons of honey, two tablespoons of sea salt, and juice squeezed from half a lemon.
Here’s a video showing how to make a coffee cellulite body wrap.
- • Massage a combination of a cup of corn oil, half a cup of grapefruit juice, and two teaspoons of dried thyme on the affected area and wrap it with plastic or cellophane.
Rinse it off after 10-15 minutes. To make this remedy more effective, apply a heating pad over the area for about five minutes.
- • Another cellulite reducing recipe involves applying a mixture of half a cup each of powdered clay, aloe vera gel, and a quarter cup each of powdered kelp and sea water.
- • Put eight drops of grapefruit oil, and two drops each of lavender, geranium, thyme, juniper berry, and fennel essential oils in two cups of almond oil.
Smear this oil on your skin and cover with a plastic wrap. Finally, remove the plastic and rinse it off with warm water. It is recommended to use this treatment in a warm bathroom.
- • Take a quarter cup of coconut oil and add six drops each of geranium and cypress essential oils in it. Keep this oil aside for an hour.
Next, mix three drops each of rosemary, lavender, juniper berry, and two drops each of grapefruit and lemon essential oils in it. Leave the mixture for 48 hours before applying it.
- • Make a homemade recipe for cellulite by adding a quarter cup each of olive oil, honey, and hot water in a quarter cup of bentonite clay. Leave it on your skin for about an hour.
It is suggested that you exfoliate the skin with a dead sea salt or sugar scrub before applying a cellulite-reducing body wrap.