If you are fed up of conventional medicines and trying to explore how to get rid of a Sore Throat naturally then consider healing this ailment with the help of safe and effective home remedies for Sore Throat natural treatment.
Sore Throat is usually caused by common cold, flu or mononucleosis virus.
Moreover, issues like sinus drainage, smoking, shouting and dry throat can give rise to this problem.
Common Symptoms of Sore Throat
• Throat discomfort
• Pain; may radiate to the ears as well
• Swollen lymph nodes around jaw and neck
• Difficulty swallowing and opening the mouth
The condition may also lead to formation of red rash when caused by bacterial infection. Depending on the area affected, Sore Throat is also known as Pharyngitis or Tonsillitis.
Certain allergies are also likely to cause mild throat irritation. In case you are habitual of sleeping on your back with your mouth wide open, you must have noticed having dry, irritated, sore throat afterwards.
Besides, mild Sore throat may be experienced after vomiting. Given below are some tried and tested natural cures for getting rid of Sore Throat easily.
How to get rid of a Sore Throat
• Gargling with lukewarm salt water solution is one of the most common natural remedies for Sore Throat. Follow this home remedy frequently. Prepare the solution by mixing a teaspoon of salt (you can use sea salt or table salt) in about eight ounces of warm water. It serves as a natural disinfectant.
• Gargling with aloe vera juice for a few seconds is another beneficial natural way to get rid of Sore Throat. Follow this therapy two times in a day.
• Lemon juice is extremely useful in healing Sore Throat. Just squeeze a lemon and add a teaspoon of salt in a cup of lukewarm water and gargle with this medication three times in a day.
• Tilt your head and gargle with a solution of one cup warm water mixed with two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar. Continue this Sore Throat treatment several times in a day. You can also add some honey in the solution.
• You may also use a combination of three tablespoons of clover honey and one teaspoon each of apple cider vinegar and cayenne pepper in a glass of lukewarm water as a valuable Sore Throat gargle.
• Take a pint of boiling water and add three cloves, two sprigs of chopped parsley, one teaspoon of powdered myrrh and half a teaspoon of powdered goldenseal in it. Steep for about 15-20 minutes.
Finally, cool and strain the mixture and use it as a homemade gargle to eliminate Sore Throat fast. Herbs like goldenseal and Echinacea are particularly helpful in case of bacterial infections.
• Gargling with a glass of water mixed with five drops of grapefruit seed extract serves as a good Sore Throat remedy.
• If you are wondering how to get of Sore Throat naturally with herbal remedies then you simply have to gargle with herbal teas such as ginger tea, peppermint tea, sage tea, chamomile tea, wild cherry tea etc.
• Sucking on licorice candies, mint candies, slippery elm lozenges and drinking warm slippery elm tea prepared by steeping 1-2 teaspoons of slippery elm bark powder in boiling water is highly beneficial in reducing Sore Throat pain and discomfort. You can also have marshmallow root bark tea.
• Prepare a Sore Throat medicine by steeping a quarter teaspoon of cayenne pepper in a cup of boiling water. Gargle with this solution for a few seconds to provide relief from this ailment.
• Add a cinnamon stick in a cup of boiling water and boil the mixture for about 2 minutes. Finally, remove the cinnamon stick and mix some honey and a pinch of pepper in the solution.
Drink this warm herbal tea two times in a day to get rid of Sore Throat and issues like cough and cold. Besides, cinnamon also aids in digestion and removes bad breath.
• Another tip on how to get rid of a Sore Throat is to drink a decoction of basil leaves and water. You can also use it for gargling.
• Applying the fluid of mango bark on throat helps soothe Sore Throat quickly.
• If you are not comfortable with gargling then simply apply garlic oil, sage oil or thyme oil diluted in olive oil. Rub the therapeutic mixture on throat and cover it with a scarf. Alternatively, you can inhale the vapors of these oils by mixing the solution in boiling water.
• Drink plenty of warm liquids and soups, and eat soft foods that are easy to swallow. If you tend to suffer from this problem quite often then use a humidifier in your room to add moisture to the air and hence ease Sore Throat caused by dryness.
If you are intent on finding out how to get rid of a Sore Throat fast but the regular use of home treatments does not relieve the pain and discomfort then consider getting yourself diagnosed and treated with proper medical assistance. A Sore Throat persisting for more than two weeks may be indicative of some serious illness.
Kate@How to Get Rid of Sore Throat says
You can find plenty of sore throat remedies in local pharmacies and drug stores in your town / city. Some patients make use of acetaminophen or ibuprofen to control the pain of their throat. If your sore throat is accompanied by nasal congestion, you may also try using nasal spray to help you feel relieved. Decongestants may also be helpful in your condition. However, make sure you have your doctorâ€™s go signal whenever you plan taking these medications. Also, make sure you follow the prescription. These drugs contain chemicals, which may contain chemical substances that are harmful to the body. As prevention, make sure you follow the instructions carefully and thoroughly.