When suffering from symptoms like gassiness, stomach distention and feeling of fullness in stomach, it is better to look for ways on how to get rid of bloating rather than letting your discomfort grow worse.
More often than not, stomach bloating is caused by indigestion. Hence, excessive consumption of foods like nuts, seeds, beans, barley, oats, Brussels sprouts, beans, broccoli, corn, cauliflower, celery, onions, raisins, apricots etc that do not get digested as easily as other simple foods may give rise to bloating and gas.
Bloating is also associated with stress and anxiety because you are likely to swallow more air at such times due to nervousness. Habits like cigarette smoking and chewing gum can also aggravate the problem.
Although gas and feeling of fullness and tightness in stomach are the most common signs of bloating, the condition can, however, be accompanied by belching, flatulence, intermittent chest pain, vomiting, fatigue and other such symptoms.
How to get rid of Bloating Naturally?
• Drinking herbal teas like chamomile tea, peppermint tea, ginger tea, fennel tea, basil tea or other such teas serves as one of the simplest natural home remedies for bloating natural treatment.
• Add a tablespoon of ground cinnamon in a cup of boiling water. Honey may also be added to improve taste. Drink this solution as an effective home medicine to ease bloating.
• Chewing cardamom seeds serves as a great natural cure for bloating and flatulence. You can also prepare a home remedy by boiling two cups of water and adding six cardamom pods and a pinch of nutmeg powder to relieve this common problem.
• Mix a quarter teaspoon each of cumin powder and pepper powder in a cup of buttermilk and drink it. Follow this therapy 2-3 times in a day to reduce bloating and heavy feeling in stomach.
• Add a teaspoon of crushed coriander seeds in a cup of boiling water and have the solution to get rid of bloating and gas.
• Parsley serves as a valuable Bloating medication by reducing bloating caused by water retention. In addition, it improves appetite and promotes digestion. You can prepare parsley tea by putting a tablespoon of fresh parsley leaves in a cup of boiling water and letting it steep for 10-15 minutes.
Finally, add a bit of garlic powder and have this solution about 2-3 times in a day. Inclusion of parsley in the diet also helps lower blood pressure. However, avoid taking this remedy in case you are suffering from serious heart disease or kidney problem.
• Regularly having probiotics, especially yogurt is highly beneficial in getting rid of bloating
• Having a glass of water mixed with a few drops of clove oil helps heal bloating.
• Abdominal massage with aromatic oils like that of chamomile or anise tends to provide relief from bloated stomach naturally.
• Having caraway seeds after meals is the easiest possible solution for relieving bloating.
• Mixture of fresh ginger juice and honey is helpful in getting rid of bloated belly.
• Drinking sufficient amount of water and exercising moderately can help a great deal in controlling this problem.
• Certain yoga exercises are also useful in the home treatment of bloating. For instance, lie on your back, keep your hands on the side and gently lift your legs over to the head. Pregnant women can take help of pregnancy exercises to get rid of bloating during pregnancy.
Here’s an informative video explaining how to reduce bloating with the help of anise seeds
As prevention is better than cure, it would be better to know how to avoid Bloating.
• Taking a walk after having meal is one of the easiest possible natural ways to avoid bloating. Retire to bed at least 2-3 hours after dinner.
• Diet plays an important role in preventing bloating. So, identify foods that your digestive system finds hard to digest and restrict their consumption. Limit the intake of foods high in fats and starch. Restrict your intake of salt because it tends to aggravate bloating. Plus, avoid eating too fast.
• In case you are trying to increase fiber in your diet then make sure you drink adequate water as well.
• Avoid alcohol and resist the temptation of frequently having tea, coffee or chocolate as these items stimulate the digestive tract to overactivity.
• Stay away from fizzy drinks.
• Avoid sugar-free products containing sorbitol, mannitol or maltitol.
In case the condition persists for more than three days and is accompanied by stomach ache in spite of using the natural remedies then it is better to take your doctor’s advice on how to get rid of bloating after thorough analysis of the condition.