Before exploring natural ways in how to cure cellulite on thigh, let us first understand its causes and symptoms. It is characterized by dimpling on skin when you pinch the skin on your upper thigh. The appearance of these bumps is quite similar to that of cottage cheese.
More often than not, cellulite deposits on the thighs, stomach and buttocks. It is common in women, postnatal women, in particular.
Basically, cellulite develops in the fatty tissue close to the skin when small lumps of fat get in the holes of connective tissue, thereby forming unsightly lumps. It is observed slim as well as overweight individuals.
It is believed to be caused by high level of estrogen and poor elasticity of skin. Genetic predisposition, hormonal factors, poor eating habits, poor blood circulation, sedentary lifestyle, lack of exercise, ageing, smoking, water retention, toxin build-up, chemical preservatives, stress, and numerous other factors contribute in causing cellulite.
How to Get Rid of Cellulite on Thighs with Home Remedies
- • Improve your diet by limiting the intake of processed, refined foods and including more fruits, vegetables and whole grains.
Avoid foods rich in starch and carbohydrates. In fact, do not eat concentrated proteins and carbohydrates together in the same meal. For instance, do not combine your pasta with chicken or fish.
- • Switch to brown bread instead of white bread. In addition, go for low-fat milk and dairy products. Avoid crash diets, though.
- • Having raw foods such as parsley, cabbage, tomato, asparagus, and citrus fruits containing bioflavanoids help in the natural treatment to get rid of cellulite on thighs and butts.
While preparing salads, use less oil and more vinegar or lemon juice in the dressing. For example, you can use a combination of balsamic vinegar and olive oil. In case you are using mayonnaise, replace it with plain low-fat yogurt, mixed with chives or Dijon mustard.
- • Including essential fatty acids in your diet is useful in curing these ugly “cottage cheese” or “orange peel” like bumps. So, take pure vegetable oils like soybean, flaxseed, safflower, sunflower, wheat germ, and so on.
- • In terms of spices, go for those with antioxidants that help in healing this problem. For instance, opt for black pepper, cayenne pepper, juniper berries, ginger and garlic.
- • Limit your salt intake as it causes unnecessary water retention which, in turn causes cellulite. Avoid saturated fats as well.
- • Nevertheless, drink more water. Plus, reduce the consumption of tea, coffee and alcohol as these beverages have a dehydrating effect on body. Instead, opt for herbal teas and decaffeinated beverages.
- • Detoxification helps in flushing out toxins and reducing fat, thereby reducing cellulite.
- • Soy lecithin, gingko biloba and certain other supplements containing amino acids and antioxidants are useful in controlling cellulite. Glucosamine supplements, though meant for arthritis, have also been found to prevent and cure cellulite.
- • Prepare a natural remedy by mixing equal quantities of warm coffee grinds (caffeine removes water in cells and stimulates circulation) and Epsom salt along with sufficient water to form a paste.
Smear this on your thighs as a body wrap and cover it with plastic wrap. Leave it on your body for about half an hour. Follow this therapy two to three times in a week.
- • Another inexpensive trick for reducing cellulite on your thighs is to brush your skin before taking a bath to stimulate circulation and lymph flow.
- • Regularly take two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar mixed in a glass of water. Drink this solution every morning. You can also massage a mixture of three parts apple cider vinegar and one part almond oil or any other massage oil. Follow this treatment two times in a day.
- • Massaging with a cellulite gel (preferably herbal) helps in getting rid of cellulite on thighs to improve blood circulation. You can also massage with a mixture of one tablespoon coffee grounds in almond or any vegetable oil.
Shower with warm water after about 30 minutes. Besides, you can add coffee grounds in your lotion before applying it on thighs. Most anti-cellulite creams contain caffeine.
- • Grapefruit, juniper, cedar wood and rosemary essential oils when used through aromatherapy prove beneficial in removing cellulite on thighs. To follow this treatment, add two cups of sea salt and about eight drops of any of these oils in a tub full of warm water and relax in it for about 15-20 minutes.
- • Exercise regularly for at least half an hour in a day. Consider doing yoga to lose weight and tone your muscles. Besides, try running, cycling, skipping and treadmill exercises. Breathing exercises are also valuable in fighting cellulite as it removes toxins and waste materials.
The most effective tip on how to get rid of cellulite on thighs is to combine aerobic exercises with strength training. You can also try spa treatments but they are not permanent. In fact, till now, there is no proper cure for cellulite.