Green figs, lemon juice and licorice are among the most effective natural remedies on how to get rid of corns. But before exploring more tips on how to remove Corns, you should know what causes them so that you can take relevant preventive measures and hence avoid Corns as far as possible.
More often than not, Corns are caused by wearing ill fitted footwear. They result from persistent pressure and friction due to rubbing of shoes against toes, wearing tight socks, not wearing socks at all, wearing high heeled shoes with narrow toe boxes and other similar issues causing uneven weight on foot.
Besides, toe deformities such as crooked toes increase the chances of developing Corns. Basically, Corns are small, hard, raised bumps on skin surrounded by redness and swelling.
They are quite similar to calluses that generally develop on knees, hands or soles of feet. But, Corns tend to be smaller and more painful (while walking) as compared to calluses. Additional symptoms may develop leading to blisters due to infection in case you do not get rid of your Corns soon.
How do you get rid of Corns?
- • Applying a combination of a tablespoon of licorice powder mixed in half a cup of mustard oil/sesame oil is one of the best natural cures for Corns. Follow this therapy for a few days before bedtime. Wash off the mixture in the morning with lukewarm water.
- • Application of coconut or castor oil helps soften Corns. You can also soak your feet in solution of strong chamomile tea. Finally, when the hardened skin becomes soft, scrape it off with callus brush, pumice stone or simply a coarse towel.
- • Tincture of iodine can also be applied overnight for a few days to soften and ultimately remove Corns at home.
- • Applying milky juice of green figs is another popular way to eliminate Corns naturally.
- • Putting raw papaya juice on the affected area can help a great deal in getting rid of Corns. Follow this simple treatment 3 times in a day.
- • Crush 6 aspirin tablets, add half a teaspoon each of lemon juice and water in it and apply on hardened skin. Next, wrap a plastic bag around it and leave for 10-15 minutes. Finally, remove your Corns with a coarse towel, pumice stone or callus brush.
- • Prepare a paste by mixing some lemon juice in a teaspoon of brewer’s yeast. Regularly apply this home remedy to cure Corns within a week or two.
The basic mechanism behind most of these tips for getting rid of Corns is to exfoliate the skin with weak acid and then rub the flaky raised bump off the skin because it is composed of dead skin.
- • In case you are wondering how to get rid of Corns with poultices, then there are many options.
You could use a freshly cut lemon slice, piece of pineapple or roasted bulb of Indian Squill wrapped around the affected area as poultice. A cotton ball soaked in vinegar can also be used overnight in the same way.
- • Take a freshly cut onion slice and soak it in vinegar for about 4 hours. Wrap it around the affected area as poultice overnight.
Finally, remove the plastic wrap in the morning and rub a coarse hand towel or file on the raised bumps to get rid of Corns fast.
- • If you are repulsed by the smell of onions, you can use the same procedure by replacing the above mentioned remedy with a mixture of 1 teaspoon aloe vera gel and half a teaspoon turmeric powder.
Here’s a video explaining how to treat Corns
- • Applying crushed garlic cloves serves as a good home medicine to heal Corns.
- • Application of juice extracted from dandelion leaves two times in a day can help reduce Corns considerably. Follow this therapy for about 1-2 weeks.
- • Add 3 parts baking soda in 1 part water and massage the affected area with this mixture. This is highly beneficial in reducing Corns. You can also soak your feet in a tub of warm water mixed with about 2-3 tablespoons of baking soda.
Make this trick for softening and then removing Corns more effective by appling a combination of 3 tablespoons of sunflower oil and 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar.
You can use soft shoe inserts or foam pads in case you find yourself susceptible to this problem.
Moreover, change your footwear from time to time to avoid repeated pressure at particular spots. While choosing footwear, make sure your shoes are perfectly comfortable, that is, neither too tight nor too loose.
Individuals suffering from Diabetes, Atherosclerosis or circulatory disorders should seek proper medical advice on how to get rid of Corns before starting any home treatment because they are more vulnerable to complications like infection.