Diarrhea is characterized by passing of loose, watery stools at least three times in a day.
The embarrassing affliction makes one wonder how to get rid of Diarrhea fast before it causes further trouble, especially during traveling.
The best way to cure Diarrhea is to have ripe bananas. You will have to avoid fatty foods, even milk until the condition heals.
Rather, you will have to suffice with bland, easily digestible, low fiber foods like plain rice, boiled potatoes, cooked carrots etc.
But, before moving on to explore more natural ways on how to stop Diarrhea, you should first have a little idea about what causes Diarrhea.
Causes and Symptoms of Diarrhea: This ailment is usually caused by infection due to virus, bacteria or parasites leading issues like stomach flu and food poisoning. Contaminated food and water are considered the chief culprits in this regard. Excessive alcohol consumption can also cause the same.
Besides, diseases like Celiac Disease, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Diverticulitis, food intolerance can give rise to Diarrhea as a symptom. Intake of certain medications such as blood pressure medications, antibiotics, cancer medicines, chemotherapy etc may also cause this problem.
Apart from passing of watery stools, symptoms of Diarrhea include problems like mild to moderate stomach pain, slight fever and fatigue.
More often than not, the condition heals within 2-3 days. It is recommended to have sufficient water at regular intervals as frequent watery bowel movements can lead to dehydration.
How to get rid of Diarrhea?
• Banana is an easily digestible fruit that helps control Diarrhea because it is rich in pectin and inulin. Hence, it helps absorb fluids in the intestines and promotes probiotic bacteria that fight off infection in intestines. Banana can also be taken along with a teaspoon of tamarind pulp and a pinch of salt.
• Although you need to limit the intake of dairy products, especially milk, you need not stay away from yogurt. In fact, plain yogurt can help you get rid of Diarrhea because it is a probiotic.
• Ginger is regarded as one of the most valuable natural home remedies to heal Diarrhea because it helps prevent stomach spasms that worsen this condition. So, you can take 2 teaspoons of ginger juice about 3 times in a day. You can mix it in a cup of water.
• Taking a combination of half a teaspoon of ginger juice and one teaspoon each of mint juice and honey is highly beneficial in getting rid of Diarrhea fast.
You can also consume a cup of buttermilk mixed with half a teaspoon of dry ginger.
• Having a combination of half teaspoon each of ginger juice and lemon juice mixed with a quarter teaspoon of pepper powder is useful in the home treatment of Diarrhea.
• Prepare a thick paste by mixing one teaspoon each of cinnamon, cumin and dry ginger powder in a teaspoon of honey. Finally, have about half or one teaspoon of this home medicine three times in a day to cure Diarrhea.
• Another simple tip on how to reduce Diarrhea naturally is to drink a solution of a quarter teaspoon of cardamom seed powder boiled in a cup of water. Taking a teaspoon of honey mixed in a glass of water is also helpful.
• Take 4 teaspoons of yogurt and add half teaspoon each of roasted cumin seeds and fenugreek seeds in it. Consume the mixture.
This is one of the best natural ways to relieve Diarrhea. You can also add a pinch of nutmeg powder in it to heal the problem and soothe stomach ache.
Here’s a video explaining how to get rid of Diarrhea in children.
• Boil a cup of water mixed with a teaspoon of cumin seeds. Next, add a teaspoon of juice extracted from coriander leaves and a pinch of salt. Consume this solution after meals to eliminate Diarrhea.
• Drinking a glass of warm water mixed with a teaspoon of cayenne pepper is highly beneficial in getting rid of Diarrhea.
• When dealing with diarrhea, have plenty of water and other liquids like herbal teas (for instance, fennel tea, ginger tea, blackberry tea and so on), vegetables broths, fruit juices, sport drinks, ginger ale, barley water and rice water. Indulging in caffeinated drinks is not a good idea though.
Moreover, avoid having apple juice, pear juice and other such juices with high sorbitol sugar content. Instead, opt for carrot juice, blackberry juice, blueberry juice, grape juice, pomegranate juice etc. Plus, take adequate rest to let the immune system do its job of fighting the infection.
Consult a qualified doctor in case the condition is accompanied by blood in stools, severe abdominal pain or if the condition persists for more than 3 days even after adopting measures on how to get rid of Diarrhea.
Leave a Reply