The most obvious tip on how to get rid of dry skin is to apply a good moisturizing cream or lotion on your body right after taking a shower to trap the moisture.
Prefer to use body washes instead of harsh soaps. In addition, in order to keep your skin hydrated, drink adequate amount of water throughout the day.
Diet, too, plays an important role in controlling this problem. For instance, carrots, apricots, avocadoes and nuts are healthy for dry skin. Foods rich in vitamin A, C and E also recommended to keeping the skin smooth.
Moreover, include foods rich in antioxidants and omega-3 fatty acids in your diet as they are considered good for skin.
Plus, opt for unrefined, cold-pressed oils. Besides, limit the consumption of dehydrating beverages like tea, coffee and alcohol.
Basically, dry skin is characterized by symptoms like parched and flaky skin that looks dull.
Factors like temperature extremes, sun exposure, dry winds, nutritional deficiencies, use of harsh chemicals in cosmetics and skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis, etc. contribute in making the skin appear dry. In addition, certain diseases like thyroid disorder can also cause this problem.
Given below are some more suggestions on how to get rid of dry skin
- • Taking a milk bath about once in a week nourishes and heals dry skin. To prepare this bath, add 250 grams of milk powder, half a tablespoon of almond oil and a few drops of a soothing aromatherapy oil such as lavender oil in lukewarm bath water. You can also mix oat extract. Soak in this solution for about 20-30 minutes.
- • Regularly apply calendula cream/oil, aloe vera cream, vitamin E oil, argan oil, almond oil (also reduces dark circles), avocado oil, olive, oil, coconut milk, and other similar moisturizing agents on skin. While going out in the sun, use an effective sun block, to avoid dryness, wrinkling as well as sunburn.
- • Peel an avocado, remove the pit and blend it in a blender along with two tablespoons of honey and four tablespoons of yogurt.
Apply this mixture on your face and neck for 15 minutes and then rinse it off with warm water to get rid of dry skin on face. You can also add a few drops of almond oil in this nourishing mixture to rejuvenate dry skin.
- • Whip an egg white along with coconut oil and apply the mixture to cure dry skin naturally. Remember, when dealing with dry skin, do not use extremely hot water because tends to remove natural skin oils more readily. Plus, do not overuse soaps.
Here’s a video showing how to prepare a moisturizing face mask.
- • During night time, dampen your skin with water, pat dry with a soft towel, apply a moisturizer generously and then cover your skin with a warm washcloth to help the skin soak the moisture completely.
Remove the cloth after five minutes. Finally, use a tissue to remove excess moisturizer. Follow this therapy regularly about half an hour before going to sleep.
- • Using body butter is highly beneficial in getting rid of dry skin. Cocoa butter and shea butter are effective in reducing dry skin condition accompanied by peeling.
- • Application of baby oil immediately after taking a bath is valuable in the home treatment of dry skin.
- • Prepare a face mask by blending half a cup of yogurt, two bananas and a tablespoon of honey to get a homogeneous mixture.
Apply this on face and wash it off with warm water after 15-20 minutes. This is one of the most popular natural home remedies on how to get rid of dry skin on face, especially during winters.
- • Another homemade face mask for dry skin involves one tablespoon of milk cream, half a tablespoon of rose water and a pinch of turmeric powder.
Mix these ingredients well and apply the resultant paste on face and neck. Rinse it after 30 minutes. This natural face pack makes your skin smooth and glowing.
- • To reduce dryness in skin on hands and feet, blend a mixture of three-fourth cups of strawberries, raspberries and blueberries along with half a cup of yogurt or kefir. After exfoliating the skin with this natural remedy, clean the skin and apply moisturizing oil or aloe vera gel.
- • Apply one teaspoon of glycerin mixed a few drops of lemon juice as a natural cure for dry skin.
- • You can massage your hands and feet with sweet almond oil, olive oil or coconut oil about half an hour before taking a bath.
- • Keep the air in your room moisturized by using a humidifier.
When looking for tips and tricks on how to get rid of dry skin around eyes, make sure you remove the dead under eyes through exfoliation by gently rubbing the area around eyes with warm water and then apply vitamin E oil.
Leave a Reply