Using tea bags is perhaps one of the most common home remedies to cure bags under eyes. So, if you are wondering how to get rid of eye bags with tea bags then here’s some help.
Keep two tea bags (soaked in warm water) in the refrigerator for half an hour and wrap each tea bag in a piece of cloth. Finally, place them just below your eyes for about 15 minutes.
You can lie down with your head slightly elevated when you use the moist tea bags on your eyes. You may use black, green or herbal tea bags. The tannins present in these teas work as astringents and help reduce swelling and discoloration.
Bags under eyes usually develop due to ageing when the muscles sag and under eye wrinkles appear. Stress, fatigue, lack of sleep, fluid retention, vitamin deficiencies, hormonal imbalance, allergies, etc. can also contribute in causing this problem. Eye bags are often accompanied by dark circles as well.
How to Get Rid of Eye Bags Naturally?
- • Apart from wet tea bags, application of cold compresses can assist in healing eye bags. For this, you can use a clean wash cloth soaked in cold water and put in under your eyes for 10-15 minutes. As whole milk is good for skin, you may consider using cold milk instead of water.
- • Besides, you can prepare herbal tea by boiling fresh or dried herbs (chamomile, rose hip, and so on) in water, soak a cotton ball in the solution, and place it on your eye bags.
Alternatively, you can pour the solution in an ice tray and freeze it. Finally, wrap the ice cubes in a cloth or small towel and place it on your eyes for about 10 minutes.
- • Applying a cold spoon on the eyes for a few minutes is another popular natural home remedy to get rid of eye bags. You can follow this therapy by keeping two teaspoons in the refrigerator overnight and placing the backs of these spoons under each eye in the morning to reduce the puffiness.
Check out this video showing how to get rid of bags under eyes using green tea bags and cold spoon.
- • Placing slices of chilled cucumber slices on eyes for 15-20 minutes serves as a natural cure for eye bags and under eye circles as it constricts the blood vessels.
- • Similarly, you can put slices of a raw potato on your eyes. The starch present in potatoes has anti-inflammatory properties. They also contain catecholase that aids in skin lightening, thereby reducing dark circles.
- • Having coconut water is highly beneficial in getting rid of eye bags caused by water retention. This is particularly effective when dealing with PMS (Premenstrual Syndrome).
- • Acupressure therapy, facial toning exercises, and inclusion of foods like watermelons, grapes, cucumbers, apples, bananas, cranberries, strawberries, raisins, asparagus, and other nutritious and watery foods in the diet help in the natural treatment of eye bags.
Watch the following video explaining how to reduce eye bags with the help of acupressure.
Tips on how to get rid of eye bags and dark under eye circles also lay emphasis on suggestions like getting proper sleep, drinking plenty of water throughout the day, limiting the consumption of salt (to avoid water retention), and reducing stress.
Indulging in smoking and drinking alcohol tend to worsen bags under eyes. Thus, try to quit these unhealthy habits, not just for your eyes but also for your overall well-being.