Flu is a respiratory infection that is caused by the spread of flu viruses. Although you will find several suggestions and home remedies on how to get rid of flu symptoms, the best way to eliminate this common yet annoying problem is to take sufficient rest and drink adequate fluids.
There are a number of flu viruses that spread particularly when there is a change in weather and dry air. Thus, winter and autumn seasons are favorable for the flu virus because there is less moisture in the air during these seasons.
Symptoms of flu or influenza are headache, fatigue, fever, throat irritation, dry cough, runny nose, sneezing, body ache, loss of appetite, etc. Children are ore susceptible to this contagious condition than adults.
How to get rid of flu naturally?
- Taking a warm bath serves as one of the best natural home remedies for the flu. You can consider steam shower, too.
- Having a cup of warm water mixed with honey and lemon juice is valuable in getting rid of flu. You may also add ginger, cinnamon, cloves and cayenne in it.
- Boil about three pints of water, add a tablespoon of dried sage, lavender, or chamomile, and inhale the steam of this infusion to heal the flu. If fresh or dried herbs are not available then inhale the steam of boiling water mixed with a few drops of eucalyptus or thyme essential oil.
- Drinking green tea mixed with a quarter teaspoon of ground ginger and two teaspoons of honey is useful in curing flu. Besides, have herbal tea prepared from basil, yarrow, chamomile, peppermint, and so on.
- Prepare a spice tea by boiling ginger, garlic, cloves, thyme and a cinnamon stick in water. Sweeten this natural remedy with honey and consume it to fight and cure flu infection.Those who do not want to include too many spices can simply have ginger tea. To make this tea, steep two tablespoons of grated ginger in a cup of boiling water for about five to ten minutes. You can also add honey in it as it acts as a natural expectorant.
- Another easy home treatment for reliving flu is mixing half a teaspoon of cayenne pepper in a quarter pint of milk or water, and drinking this solution when the spice dissolves completely. Cayenne pepper benefits in weight loss, too.Check out this video explaining on how to treat flu with natural medicine.
- Get rid of the flu virus by increasing humidity in the air. Thus, turn on the humidifier, especially when you are going to sleep. You can also add a few drops of peppermint or eucalyptus oil in it.
- Try saline nasal rinse to clear the nasal congestion caused by flu. For this therapy, use approximately eight ounces of water mixed with a quarter teaspoon each of uniodized salt and baking soda.
- When dealing with flu, consume more vitamin C foods such as blueberries, blackberries, cherries, oranges, strawberries, kiwis, grapefruit, tomatoes, etc. to boost the immune system. Drink warm spicy soups, preferably mixed with cayenne pepper, to reduce congestion.In addition, add lemon juice, dill seeds and tangerine slices in vegetable salads. Suck on slippery elm and zinc lozenges to relieve sore throat. Plus, drink sufficient water and stay hydrated.
In case you are wondering how to get rid of flu accompanied by severe symptoms such as rapid heartbeat, severe vomiting, etc. and likely to cause complications then you can take prescribed antiviral flu medicines, preferably within the first two days of the sickness to shorten the duration of flu.
Leave a Reply