When dealing with gout attacks of arthritis, it is inevitable to look for quick and effective tips on how to get rid of gout. The condition is characterized by recurring attacks of joint inflammation due to deposition of needle-like crystals of uric acid in the synovial lining and synovial fluid found within the joint.
Uric acid crystals may also be deposited in tendons and surrounding tissues. This happens due to Hyperuricemia or high level of uric acid in the blood.
Symptoms of gout usually appear rapidly causing redness, burning pain, tenderness and swelling in the joint. Gout attacks tend to last for three to ten days.
Basically, this disease is a disorder of purine metabolism. More often than not, gout occurs in combination with other issues like insulin resistance, abnormal lipid levels, hypertension, and abdominal obesity.
How to get rid of gout naturally?
- • Baking soda or soda bicarbonate is considered highly beneficial in getting rid of gout attacks. The reason is that it improves the solubility of uric acid and hence, dissolves uric acid crystals. Thus, you can take a glass of water mixed with a teaspoon of baking soda first thing in the morning. You can also drink it two to four hours between meals and before bed time.
This treatment works best when taken on an empty stomach. Do not take more than four teaspoons of baking soda in a day. Alternatively, you can have soda bicarbonate pills as per your doctor’s advice.
Individuals suffering from high blood pressure, however, should avoid taking the baking soda home remedies for gout as it has high amount of sodium.
- • Applying ice packs on the affected joint for about 20 minutes heals gout pain. Follow this simple therapy a number of times in a day. Remember not to apply ice directly on the skin.
- • Consuming 10-15 cherries or cherry juice daily is useful in healing gout symptoms because it helps lower uric acid in the blood.
Cherries have a flavonoid called anthocyanin that relieves pain and inflammation. You can also consume cherry juice extract instead of cherry juice because it contains sugars that tend to increase the production of uric acid.
- • Mix freshly squeezed lime juice in a glass of water. Drink this solution to get rid of gout pain. You can follow this natural cure at least four times in a day to break down the uric acid.
- • Prepare a mixture by grinding equal quantities of fenugreek seeds (methi), Bishop’s weed (ajwain) and asparagus seeds (shatavari). Take half a teaspoon of this powder daily in the morning to treat gout.
- • Juniper oil diluted in bath water helps in dealing with gout, arthritis and rheumatism. You can also massage the affected area with a mixture of an ounce of olive oil and five drops of juniper oil.
In addition, juniper essential oil is valuable in eliminating water retention and cellulite. Those of you who are suffering from kidney problems should avoid using this remedy.
- • If you are wondering how to reduce gout with diet then include more apples, bananas, milk, cottage cheese, whey protein, strawberries, black cherries, and vitamin C rich foods in your diet. Drinking a cup of stinging nettle tea is helpful in getting rid of gout naturally.
- • Needless to say, take prescribed medicines for reducing blood uric acid levels and dissolving hard tophi deposits. Plus, try to control your weight, restrict your alcohol intake (particularly beer), and drink almost 8-10 glasses of water throughout the day.
Limit the consumption of high purine meats (turkey, liver, kidney, veal and venison) and seafood (sardines, mussels, herring, scallops, anchovies, fish roe, etc). Besides, taking a low calorie diet and avoiding fructose can help control gout.
- • In order to manage gouty arthritis, take adequate rest and keep the inflamed joint elevated.
When following advice on how to get rid of gout pains, you will find that corticosteroids and anti-inflammatory medications such as ibuprofen are beneficial. Do not take aspirin, though, because it is likely to worsen the condition as it increases the level of uric acid in the blood.
Lola Mustapha says
Potency mand efficacy of herbal remedy for gout.