Embarking on a proper, healthy diet is the most important tip on how to get rid of inflammation in the body. Basically, inflammation is an immune system response that defends the body from infections and injuries.
It is associated with symptoms like redness, swelling, pain, stiffness and generic flu-like symptoms. Besides, inflammation disorders in the body can give rise to issues like Rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, vasculitis, inflammatory bowel disease, celiac disease, autoimmune diseases, allergies, hypersensitivities, and so on.
Moreover, inflammation is also involved in ailments such as Atherosclerosis, Ischemic Heart Disease, Alzheimer’s disease, Osteoporosis and Cancer.
How to get rid of inflammation
- • Foods rich in antioxidants and omega-3 fatty acids are extremely useful in getting rid of inflammation.
Thus, regularly eat foods such as broccoli, carrot, beans, bell peppers, spinach, tomatoes, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, grapes, pineapples, flaxseeds, fish oils, and a variety of other raw fruits, vegetables, nuts and seeds.Loading...Loading...
Unlike the popular anti-inflammatory medications, these foods do not have drastic side-effects. Avoid processed foods, trans fats and refined carbohydrates.
- • Green tea is also loaded with antioxidants called polyphenols. It suppresses autoimmune response and helps avoid a number of cancers. In addition, it lowers cholesterol, controls blood sugar, and aids in weight loss by boosting the metabolism.
- • A diet rich in magnesium serves as an effective solution for inflammation. In fact, magnesium deficiency is often linked with low-grade inflammation. Plus, this mineral reduces stress and insomnia as it relaxes your nerves.
It is found in black beans, white beans, soybeans, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, oat bran, cornmeal, antichokes, spinach, halibut, mustard greens, Swiss chard, molasess, almonds, cashews, etc.
- • Onion and garlic have a flavonoid known as quercetin which has therapeutic effects on inflammations. Moreover, they stimulate the immune system and fight numerous diseases and infections.
Here’s a video explaining how to fight chronic inflammation.
- • Essential oils like such as that of thyme, clove, rose, eucalyptus, fennel and bergamot (bergamot oil should not be applied directly on skin) work as natural home remedies for inflammation treatment. Besides, oregano oil, olive oil, hemp oil and canola oil are beneficial in reducing inflammation.
- • It is believed that stinging nettle leaf teas, infusions and extracts help block inflammations. It relives joint pains and arthritis. In addition, this herb is used to cleanse the blood and remove toxins.
- • Ginger can also be used to get rid of inflammation. It reduces arthritis pain as well. Moreover, herbs like garlic, cayenne and tea tree oil cure inflammations related to infections. Needless to say, drink adequate water because it is essential for all the chemical reactions in the body.
- • When dealing with mild skin inflammation, place ice packs on the affected area to control inflammation and facilitate the process of healing.
- • Probiotics influence the immune system and hence lower inflammatory response associated with conditions like inflammatory bowel disease, ulcerative colitis, and so on. Thus, you can have plain yogurt, and fermented dairy products such as cultured buttermilk as probiotics.
When understanding how to get rid of inflammation through diet, try to include more omega-3 fatty acids than omega-6 fatty acids which are the building blocks of chronic inflammation.
Both these essential fatty acids are healthy but omega-3 fatty acids decrease chronic inflammation that contributes in inflammatory diseases.