Scar tissue is formed when the body produces fibrous connective tissues in the process of healing a wound but as the barrier tissue is unsightly, people often seek ways on how to get rid of scar tissue that is thicker than the normal tissue.
Scar tissue, devoid of hair growth, resistant to ultraviolet rays and characterized by no sweat glands is considered as a nasty problem that is difficult to cure completely. Therefore, experts may suggest surgical procedure to remove scar tissues that are resistant to other modes of treatment.
Pressure and elastic dresses may also be used to reduce hypertrophic and keloid scars to avoid their recurrence. Steroid injections help to shrink the scar tissue. Silicone sheets and chemical peels may also be used to get rid of surgical scar tissues.
However, it has been observed that at times, certain scar tissue tend to disappear on their own over a period of time. Hence, before opting for surgical removal, it is recommended to first wait and observe the scar tissue for sometime to see if it dissolves on its own. The extent of scarring may vary from one individual to another depending on factors like age, ethnicity, genetic factors, the exact cause of scarring etc.
How Can I Get Rid of Scar Tissue?
• Application of vitamin E oil or cream is one of the most popular methods of getting rid of scar tissue and its symptoms like itching. Vitamin D oil is also beneficial in fading light scars.
• Dilute tea tree oil, sea salt solutions and chamomile soaks are considered good in the natural treatment of scar tissue, especially hypertrophic scars. Red and raised hypertophic scars are generally sensitive to changes in temperature and firm to touch.
• Applying manuka honey on a wound can facilitates the process of healing and reduces the chances of developing ugly scars on the site of wound. Manuka honey has antimicrobial and anti inflammatory properties as well.
It can also be used to get rid of scar tissue in abdomen. Wounds resulting in scar tissue in abdomen after C-sections can be painful and vulnerable to infections. Special care should be taken to avoid complications in such cases and they should not be exposed to sunlight.
• In case you are wondering how to get rid of scar tissue in breast then you can make use of manuka honey or cocoa butter.
Applying cocoa butter not only helps in reducing scars but is also useful in preserving the tone and texture of the skin. Hence, it can be used on stretch marks as well. Although, this treatment is not supported by adequate medical evidence and it seems to work on certain individuals but not on others.
• Keloid scars caused by acne can be lightened by regular application of lavender oil, aloe vera gel, extra virgin coconut oil and other similar natural remedies.
• Making use of methods like deep tissue massages and acupressure to get rid of scar tissue is also quite common.
In case the scar tissue does not disappear even on the application of these natural home remedies and you are still intent on getting the bothersome scar tissue removed then you can seek help from a dermatologist or plastic surgeon. Nonetheless, make sure you are well aware about the pros and cons of the procedure you are about to undergo.
You can contribute your suggestion on how to make scar tissue disappear or how to get rid of painful scar tissue and help other people get rid of this problem.