Some of the best natural techniques on how to get rid of under eye circles involve home remedies like almond oil, potato slices, cucumber slices, cool tea bags, and so on.
Under eye circles or dark circles are usually caused by ageing. Besides, genetic predisposition can also give rise to this problem.
Moreover, factors like stress, fatigue, smoking, hangover, sleep deprivation, sun exposure, poor circulation, seasonal allergies, rubbing the eyes frequently (can break the small capillaries), etc. tend to worsen these unsightly black rings under eyes.
In additions, symptoms of under eye circles increase due to dilation in blood vessels caused by thyroid disorder, kidney disease, liver problem, anemia, water retention, and use of contraceptive medications.
How to get rid of under eye circles naturally
- • Applying potato slices under eyes is one of the most effective natural cures for getting rid of under eye circles temporarily. Alternatively, you can soak a cotton ball in potato juice and apply it.
- • Regularly placing cool cucumber slices (unpeeled) over eyes for about 10 minutes refreshes your eyes. It is also believed to be helpful in fading under eye circles and reducing puffiness.
- • Applying rose water for 10 minutes is a highly beneficial home treatment for under eye circles.
- • Placing herbal tea bags (such as chamomile or green tea) under eyes for about 15 minutes is useful in healing under eye circles and bags by constricting the blood vessels. Drinking green tea is also good for health.
Here’s a video showing how to get rid of under eye circles using simple, safe and inexpensive home remedies.
- • Crush a few mint leaves and place them under the eyes for about 20 minutes to cure under eye circles naturally at home.
- • Soak a few almonds in milk overnight. In the morning, remove the brown skin and grind the kernels. Finally, add a few drops of raw milk in it. Apply this mixture around eyes for about 10 minutes. Follow this therapy on a regular basis.
- • Regularly massaging the area under eyes with almond oil is one of the best natural home remedies for getting rid of under eye circles because it promotes circulation. Leave the nourishing oil on your skin overnight. If you have run out of almond oil, use peanut oil.
- • Mix one teaspoon each of tomato juice and lemon juice. Dip a cotton ball in this solution and apply in around your eyes to reduce dark circles.
- • In case the skin under your eyes is thin, use collagen building creams.
- • As pineapple juice works as a great bleaching agent, it can be used in combination with little turmeric powder to get rid of under eye circles. Rinse it off within five minutes.
- • Similarly, applying tomato juice mixed with an equal amount of cucumber juice helps reduce under eye circles considerably.
- • You can also try alternative therapies like acupressure or acupuncture to cure under eye circles.
- • Diet plays an important role in eliminating under eye circles over a period of time. Thus, include more vitamin C (strengthens blood vessel walls), E, K, folic acid and iron in your diet.
Apparently, dehydration tends to cause dilation in the blood vessels under eyes thereby causing dark circles. Needless to say, take adequate amount of rest and sleep to relax your eyes. Wear sun glasses when out in the sun.
Although there are several tricks and tricks on how to get rid of under eye circles, you should bear in mind that these remedies (you can use the above suggestions individually or combine a few procedures together) will not make your dark circles disappear overnight.
So, you will have to be patient and continue the natural treatment for at least a few weeks. Plus, in certain individuals, these black rings can only be reduced but cannot be removed completely.
In order to hide dark circles temporarily, you can use a green tone concealer (you can also mix a moisturizer in it) followed by a translucent face powder.