Having natural diuretic foods is one of the most popular suggestions on how to get rid of water retention. Moreover, it is recommended that you exercise regularly in order strengthen the circulatory system.
More often than not fluid retention is caused by disorders associated with kidney, liver, and heart.
In addition, it can be cause by other factors like chronic dehydration, excess salt intake, low-calorie diet, protein deficiency, food allergies, physical inactivity, high levels of wastes and toxins, blocked lymph channels, thyroid disease, hormonal changes due to menstrual cycle, pregnancy, and certain prescribed medications, etc.
The most obvious symptom of water retention or edema is swelling of the tissues. This problem is most common in legs, feet and ankles. It is more of a symptom than a disease. Thus, do not ignore widespread or long term edema.
“From the bitterness of disease man learns the sweetness of health.”
– Catalan Proverb
How to get rid of water retention naturally?
- • Parsley, fennel, celery, onion and garlic are considered effective in reducing water retention. Drinking black tea or coffee, especially before a workout can also help cure fluid retention, to some extent. Remember to have small amounts only. Green tea is also considered good.
- • If you are wondering how to get rid of water retention in feet then consider massaging essential oils (mixed with a massage oil or cream) on your legs.
For instance, you can try rosemary, lavender, cypress, basil, geranium, mandarian, grapefruit, and juniper berry oil. Fluid retention in the ankles can be cured by soaking your feet in a footbath mixed with 3-8 drops of an essential oil.
- • Prepare a warm water foot bath by adding Epsom salt in it and soak your feet in the water for about 20 minutes to heal water retention in legs. Moreover, it is suggested to elevate your legs by placing a pillow under the knees and ankles when sleeping or lying down.
- • Consumption of cranberries and cranberry juice serves as an excellent natural remedy for relieving fluid retention. In addition, regular exercising improves circulation, thereby aiding in healing water retention in the body.
- • Swimming for about half an hour can help you get rid of water retention in the body as water pressure helps force excess water out the tissues, and into the bladder.
- • You can use aids like prescription support stockings or compression stockings, especially when dealing with circulatory problems. You may try yarrow tea cold compresses as well.
- • Steep two teaspoons of dry parsley leaves in a cup of boiling water for about 10 minutes and drink this parsley tea three times in a day. This is one of the most common yet effective home remedies for water retention or edema natural treatment.
Besides, you can have other herbal teas like that of alfalfa, dandelion, bilberry, Echinacea, cayenne, and grape fruit seed extract. Consult your doctor before taking any of these herbs as they might interfere in certain medicines.
- • Waterfall diet is considered highly beneficial in getting rid of water retention. Besides, acupuncture therapy can help treat this problem.
- • Needless to say increase your fluid intake, and restrict the consumption of salt and sugar. Thus, drink about 8-10 glasses of water everyday to remove toxins and excess fluids accumulated in the body. When the body is well hydrated, it does not retain fluids.
Coming to the diet, take a healthy diet consisting of whole grains (provide dietary fiber) and fresh fruits and vegetables loaded with vitamins and minerals like vitamin B6, vitamin C, potassium, calcium and magnesium.
So, try to include banana, grapes, pumpkin, watermelon, berries, cucumber, corn, cabbage, eggplant, asparagus, kale, green peas, tomatoes, potatoes, spinach, beets, bell peppers, milk, and seeds and nuts. Avoid processed and canned foods as far as possible. Stay away from alcoholic beverages.
- • In case you are wondering how to get rid of water retention with a combination of herbs then mix half a teaspoon each of fennel seeds, dried corn silks, and oat straw, along with two teaspoons of dandelion root. Boil a quart of water and add this mixture in it. Let it steep for about 20 minutes. Finally, drink two cups of this solution in a day.
FOUND INFORMATION USEFUL WILL TRY ASAP