If you are pregnant and your estimated due date is approaching or has already passed, you might be interested in finding out ways on how to induce labor yourself. However, before following the methods for inducing labor yourself, do discuss them with your doctor to avoid the chances of developing complications.
Ways on How to Start Labor Yourself
• Nipple stimulation is also considered as one of the most popular and safe ways to put yourself into labor. It helps release oxytocin hormone which in turn stimulates contractions. Nonetheless, be cautious while following this remedy as excessive stimulation may cause severe contractions, thereby causing fetal distress.
• While searching for suggestions on how to provoke labor naturally, you surely must have heard about sex as a solution to this problem. Semen contains chemical called Prostaglandin that helps induce labor and aids in cervical dilation. Oxytocin hormone produced during female orgasm is also useful. Although, do not have sex in case you suspect your water has broken.
• Exercise in the form of walking and at times squatting for short periods. It is believed that walking can help bring the baby in correct position to be born. Moreover, it also produced hormones similar to the ones that cause contractions. Do not over exercise though, especially if you have not been working out throughout your pregnancy.
• Natural treatments like maternity acupressure acupuncture, aromatherapy, foot massage etc when carried out under professional guidance can also be considered to induce labor naturally.
Maternity acupressure, in particular can highly beneficial in case you are wondering how to induce labor yourself at 38 weeks. It not only helps induce labour but also reduces labor pains and nausea to some extent. Although, it is usually recommended not to try any measures to induce labor before 38-40 weeks.
• The consumption of spicy foods, fresh pineapple, castor oil etc tends to bring on labor through bowel stimulation. The use of castor oil usually mixed with juice or food for starting labor is a widely popular yet debatable remedy as it can cause diarrhea. Hence, it is better to keep it as a last resort.
Moderate consumption of red raspberry leaf tea is good for uterine health. It is useful for toning uterus muscles and preparing the body for labor. Raspberry leaf tea may not be suitable for pregnant women who have had premature labors previously.
• Consuming 2-3 capsules (500 mg) of Evening Primrose Oil regularly from 36 weeks helps to prepare the body for labor and is often regarded as a less invasive method for inducing labor. The capsules can also be inserted directly in the vagina before bed each night to help soften and ripen the cervix.
• Besides, blue cohosh and black cohosh herbs can also be used to encourage contractions in post term pregnancy. But, as these herbs are quite strong and generally avoided during pregnancy, it is recommended to take the advice of a naturopath before going ahead with this herbal remedy.You can try homeopathic remedies as well.
• The method of gentle perineal massage or vaginal massage to induce labor naturally and help reduce the chances of episiotomy and perineal tears during birth. It may be done during the last month of pregnancy but should be avoided in case of active vaginal infection.
In addition, when you are desperate to find out how to induce labor naturally, then do bear in mind that you will go into labor only when your body and baby are ready for it.
So, try to remain as calm and relaxed as possible because fear and anxiety tend to delay or inhibit labor. You can have warm water baths for relaxation. You can also try relaxation techniques like meditation by imagining the process of labor in a way that comforts you the most.
If you have further tips and suggestion on how to induce labour pain naturally or how to induce labour yourself then you can also share your views here.
This is really helpful for expectant mothers, I like it. Thank you.
I told my ganrdomther how you helped. She said, “bake them a cake!”
Black Cohosh also induces labor. You can drink it as a tea or take up to 3 capsules a day for three days. It is one of the more “tried and true” remedies used by Native Americans for some time as a tea.
hey.. well i went to 41+1, and i was due for induction next day.. they rolmanly let u go 12 days late.Induction is where they put a pessary up there to trigger the hormones off, and occasionally they pop ur waters too.. i had to be induced still, i was having contractions but they werent progressing.. they stayed 15 mins apart 30 seconds length for around 2 hrs The doctor will decide as they like the pregnancy to go naturally instead of having to artificially induce the labour. C section is where they make an incision in ur lower stomach and cut through the muscles, pop ur waters and pull the baby out this would be ur choice, but u do take a long time to heal.Your baby is best off in there for as long as it wants to be as its getting healthier by the day and it is where it needs to be! 1st baby is sometimes late but it depends on you, and when ur body is ready! Was this answer helpful?
Am 39+4 wks nd am so tied tnx for da home remedies ll try one of dem