You can easily nourish and revitalize dry, dull hair with the help of homemade hair masks. These recipes are prepared from natural and organic materials that are already at your home and can be used once a week.
Factors like harsh winter weather, sun exposure, dry air, hard water, heat, frequent use of hair products such as hair spray, gel, mousse, and conditions like scalp psoriasis, eczema, thyroid disorder and prolonged illness can make your hair even drier.
Besides, diet plays an important role in maintaining healthy and lustrous hair. In fact, lack of nutrients (especially calcium, protein, and omega 3 fatty acids) may result in dry, brittle hair.
Thus, have nutritious and balanced diet. You may consider taking multivitamins, too. Plus, drink adequate amount of water throughout the day as it provides moisture.
In addition, choose a mild yet moisturizing shampoo and a leave-in conditioner for your hair. It is suggested not to shampoo dry hair too often, or else it may strip your hair of natural oils. Shampoo your hair one or two times in a week.
Homemade Hair Masks for Dry Hair
- • Scoop out the pulp of an avocado in a bowl and mash it. Next, smash a banana in it and add a tablespoon of coconut oil, olive oil, or wheatgerm oil in the bowl. Apply this hair mask on damp hair after shampooing to deep condition your tresses. Wash it off after 15 minutes.
- • Another homemade hair care recipe for dry hair involves using half a banana mashed in half a cup of mayonnaise. Leave this mixture on your hair and cover with a shower cap.
Rinse it off after half an hour and then shampoo your hair. If you are not comfortable with banana then replace it with two tablespoons of organic honey.
- • Mash an avocado and add half a cup of extra-virgin olive oil, and two tablespoons of almond oil or a squirt of honey in it. Massage this paste on your hair. Rinse it off after half an hour and then shampoo as usual.
Check out this video showing how to treat dry hair with a DIY hair mask prepared from coconut oil, peppermint extract, apple cider vinegar, and warm water.
- • Heat a mixture of three tablespoons of maple syrup, two tablespoons of lard, and a tablespoon of organic honey in a microwave for 15 seconds. Allow the solution to cool.
Finally, apply this simple hair hydrating mask on your hair, comb them to remove tangles and spread the mask evenly.
Wrap a warm towel around your head or wear a shower cap. After 20 minutes, wash your hair and shampoo as usual. Follow this hair care procedure about once in a week.
- • Apply a combination of four tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil and two tablespoons of organic honey on your hair and scalp to nourish and moisturize dry hair.
Leave this mask on your hair at least for half an hour. In case you have full fat milk, use half a cup of milk mixed with a tablespoon of honey for 15-20 minutes.
- • When dealing with dry, frizzy hair, mix two tablespoons of ripe papaya pulp, two tablespoons of aloe vera gel, and one tablespoon each of organic coconut oil and olive oil.
Spread this recipe on your hair and cover with a shower cap or wrap in a warm towel. Finally, shampoo your hair after an hour. You may also combine pureed papaya with half a cup of plain yogurt.
- • Take an egg yolk in a bowl and mix one-third cup of organic honey and three tablespoons of olive oil in it. Apply this mixture on your hair cover with a shower cap. Wash it off and shampoo as usual to get soft, shiny hair and replenish moisture.
- • Simply massaging coconut milk cream on your hair and then shampooing your mane serves as a wonderful remedy for nourishing dry hair naturally.
Leave a Reply