Green tea is packed with antioxidants and flavonoids. It contains vitamin A, vitamin B, vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin H, vitamin K, manganese, chromium, zinc, selenium, etc. You can derive the various skin care benefits of this beverage by drinking as well as applying it on your skin.
Thus, it can be used in a number of beauty recipes to reduce wrinkles, promote elasticity, improve skin tone, open pores, treat acne, and heal sunburn. As green tea fights against free radicals it helps you maintain younger-looking skin naturally.
Green Tea Beauty Masks
- • Prepare green tea and keep it in the refrigerator for a few hours. Next, dip a cotton swab in this chilled solution and place on your skin to sooth sunburn.
Alternatively, you can pour green tea in an ice tray, keep it in the freezer and apply the resultant ice cubes. In addition, you can place green tea bags on your eyes to get rid of dark circles and puffy eyes.Loading...
- • Brew a cup of green tea and allow it to cool for sometime. Mix one-third cup of this tea with an equal amount of apple cider vinegar and distilled water. Store this homemade facial toner in a sterilized glass bottle.
- • Boil a cup of distilled water and let one teaspoon of mint leaves and four teaspoons of green tea leaves steep in it for about 10 minutes. Finally, cool and strain the solution. Use it as a toner for dry, oily, as well as sensitive skin.
- • Combine one teaspoon of extra-virgin olive oil and half a teaspoon of organic honey. Heat the mixture slightly in a microwave for about 15 seconds.
Add half a teaspoon of green tea powder and again heat for 15-20 seconds. When the mixture cools, gently rub it on your face and neck. Finally, rinse it off after 20 minutes.
- • Rejuvenate your skin and cure blemishes by scrubbing your face with a mixture of strongly brewed green tea, one tablespoon of sugar granules and half a tablespoon of lemon juice. You may add a little honey or vitamin E oil, too.
Check out this video showing how to use a green tea and sugar facial scrub.
- • When dealing with acne, prepare a solution by steeping ginger root and a couple of green tea bags in a cup of boiling water. Soak a cotton ball in this herbal tea and apply it on your skin. Rinse your face after 15-20 minutes.
- • Exfoliate your skin by gently scrubbing your skin with on a combination of two tablespoons of oatmeal, two to three tablespoons of warm green tea, and a half a teaspoon of organic honey.
- • Make an anti-wrinkle and anti-aging facial mask by blending three strawberries, one tablespoon of green tea powder, and one teaspoon of organic honey in a blender or food processor.
Leave this skin-care recipe on your face and neck for 20-30 minutes. Wash it off with cool water and follow up with a moisturizer.
- • You can prepare another interesting beauty recipe for bright and healthy skin by adding three tablespoons of organic cocoa powder and a teaspoon of sweet almond oil in three tablespoons of green tea powder.
- • Maintain beautiful, smooth, and radiant skin by applying a combination of three tablespoons of mayonnaise and a teaspoon of green tea leaves. Leave this mask on your face and neck for about 20 minutes.