Tomato can be used as a brilliant beauty aid to treat acne, reduce skin inflammations, get rid of excess oil, and shrink large pores on skin. Moreover, it tends to brighten your skin and works as a natural home remedy to fade blemishes.
Tomatoes are rich in antioxidants that help with anti-aging properties as they fight cell damage and stimulate collagen formation.
They are loaded with vitamin A and vitamin C. Plus, tomatoes contain lycopene that protects against sunburn and sun-induced aging of skin. Plus, it improves skin texture.
In addition, including tomatoes in your diet benefits your health. In fact, it is believed that regular consumption of this vegetable can protect against the development of certain types of cancers.
Skin Care Recipes with Tomatoes
- • Those who are troubled with acne and oily skin can simply rub the pulpy side of a tomato slice on the face in circular motion and wash it off with lukewarm water after 15-20 minutes.
Splash cold water your face after a while to shrink the pores. Follow this therapy two times in a day. Make sure you wet your face before applying the tomato pulp.
- • You can also use a paste prepared by adding potato flour in tomato pulp to cleanse oily skin naturally.
- • Blend a cup of mashed avocado, a quarter cup of tomato pulp, and a tablespoon of fresh lime juice. If the mixture is not thick then add cornmeal in it. Apply this creamy facial mask for about 30-45 minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water. Follow up with a final rinse with cold water. This is a fantastic beauty care recipe to nourish dull and lackluster skin.
- • To reduce large pores on skin, apply a tablespoon of tomato juice mixed with two to three drops of lime juice from time to time.
- • Regularly applying a combination of four tablespoons of buttermilk and two teaspoons of tomato juice for about half an hour is highly beneficial for healing sunburns.
- • Take a tablespoon of brewer’s yeast, half a tablespoon of plain yogurt, and one teaspoon each of tomato juice, lemon juice, carrot juice and extra virgin olive oil. Blend these ingredients to form a smooth paste apply it on face and neck. Finally, rinse it off with warm water after 15 minutes to get smooth and glowing skin.
- • To rejuvenate dry, aging skin and relieve skin irritation, apply a combination of one tablespoon of fresh tomato pulp, and one teaspoon each of organic honey and non-flavored yogurt. Leave it on your skin for 20 to 30 minutes and then rinse with warm water. Being slightly acidic in nature, it helps regulate the pH levels of the skin.
- • Cure blemishes by using a tomato beauty care face mask prepared by blending one tablespoon of instant oatmeal, one teaspoon of lemon juice and one tomato (chopped) until you get a smooth paste. Spread this mixture on skin and wash it off with lukewarm water after about 10 minutes.
- • Take a ripe tomato, a handful of cooked green beans, and a tablespoon of sour cream. Blend these ingredients in a blender and apply it on your face and neck for 15-20 minutes to maintain healthy, younger looking skin.
- • Another homemade skin care recipe to soothe a sunburn and refresh your skin involves creating a mixture of a quarter tomato (peel it and remove the seeds), three teaspoons each of ground oatmeal and plain yogurt, one teaspoon of grated cucumber. Apply this paste on your face and neck. After 10-15 minutes, wash it off and follow up with a toner (you may use rose water) and moisturizer.
- • Sprinkle granulated sugar on tomato slices and scrub your face with these slices and leave the juice on skin for around ten minutes to get rid of blackheads and dead skin cells. Focus on the T-zone, that is, the forehead, nose, and chin while scrubbing.