Facial mist sprays, as the name suggests are meant to hydrate, soothe, protect, and rejuvenate your skin as they restore the pH balance. Moreover, they help refresh and enliven your mood as they contain fragrant aromatherapy oils.
Although you will find these sprays in the market, you can make your own facial mist spray at your home itself to save money. You can prepare separate types of facial mists for summers and winters.
The liquid can be stored in a clean, hygienic spray bottle and used before applying a day cream. Keep in mind that while spraying a facial mist do not spray it too close to your face. You can keep your eyes closed while spraying so that the fluid does not cause eye irritation.
Homemade Facial Mist Recipes
- • Add one teaspoon of dried chamomile flowers and one teaspoon of dried mint leaves in two cups of water and boil the solution for 15 minutes. Let it steep for about ten minutes and then strain the liquid.
Pour the recipe in a bottle and place it in the refrigerator for a day. Use this herbal infusion as a facial mist as and when required.
- • In case you do not to use dried herbs then you may use essential oils. For instance, you can make a homemade facial mist spray by adding around five drops each of lavender and rose essential oils in two and a half ounces of distilled water.
- • Heat half a cup of distilled water mixed with four tablespoons each of rose flower and orange flower water over low heat for two to three minutes. Turn off the heat, mix four tablespoons of aloe vera gel in it, and keep the solution in the refrigerator.
You can start using it from the next day onwards. Make sure you shake it thoroughly before spraying. You may apply this recipe on the body as well.
- • Those who have a sensitive skin can make a facial mist spray by combining distilled water, cucumber water, aloe vera juice and a few drops of rose essential oil.
Here’s a video explaining recipes for moisturizing facial mist sprays.
- • Add three tablespoons of fresh or dried rosemary herb, four green tea bags, and one teaspoon of olive oil in a cup of mineral water and heat the mixture for about five minutes. You may also include three tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and lemon peel if you have an oily skin.
Next, put a tablespoon of honey in it and stir. Allow it to cool. Finally, pour the solution in a spray bottle after removing the tea bags and straining the rosemary leaves.
- • Put half a cup of lemon balm hydrosol, five drops of lemon essential oil, and two teaspoons of vegetable glycerin in a spray bottle and shake it well.
- • Another easy homemade facial mist can be prepared by adding an ounce of pure aloe vera juice and two drops of chamomile essential oil in an ounce of orange blossom water. It is particularly good for those who are dealing with rosacea.
- • Prepare a refreshing facial mist spray, especially for summers by boiling a cup of distilled water along with chunks of unpeeled grapefruit and two tablespoons of fresh or fried rosemary leaves.
Let it simmer for about 10 minutes. Then, cool and strain the liquid. Finally, add three drops of lime essential oil in it and stir. Transfer the contents in a spray bottle and store in the refrigerator.
Where can I buy empty fine mist bottles to make my own facial mist says
I can’t find empty fine mist bottles