Carrots are considered great for skin. They contain antioxidants that help prevent free-radical damage, thereby avoiding premature aging.
Carrots are loaded with vitamin A (in the form of beta-carotene), vitamin c, calcium, potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, and various other vitamins and minerals.
They can cure pimples, heal dark spots, enhance the skin tone, and increase its firmness and elasticity. Besides, application of carrot seed oil is good for your hair.
Needless to say, to derive maximum beauty as well as health benefits of this nutritious vegetable, include carrots and carrot juice in your diet, too.
Homemade Carrot Facial Masks
- • Take a carrot, cut it into two pieces and extract its juice with the help of a juicer. Add a tablespoon of organic honey and some oatmeal flour (blend rolled oats in a blender or food processor to make oatmeal flour) in the juice to form a paste. Apply this resultant face mask on your skin and wash it off after 20 minutes.
- • In case you have oily skin, you can apply a combination of honey, fresh carrot juice, oatmeal flour, plain yogurt and an egg white to reduce greasiness.
- • Boil three medium-sized carrots in water until they become soft and easy to mash. Next, blend these cooked carrots along with three tablespoons of honey to tighten the skin and reduce wrinkles. Those who have dry skin can add glycerin in this mixture.
- • Another homemade facial mask can be prepared by combining a teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil and a cooked, mashed carrot.
Check out this video showing how to make green tea and carrots face masks with honey.
- • Prepare a natural body scrub by mixing ground coffee and cornmeal in raw grated carrots. You may add honey, yogurt, or milk cream as well.
- • To treat pimples, fade dark spots, and improver skin color combine a cooked and mashed carrot with a teaspoon of lemon juice and apply for 15-20 minutes. You can also mix orange juice in it.
- • Boil two or three carrots in water for about 15 minutes and puree them. Next, add four tablespoons of honey and one ripe avocado (mashed) in the mixture.
Mix two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil in the paste if you have dry skin. Smear this homemade recipe on your face and neck. Wash it off after 10-15 minutes.
You can also prepare a hair mask with carrots to reduce hair loss and nourish dry, damaged hair. For this, you need to extract the juice of two carrots, and mix two tablespoons of organic honey, one tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, and a teaspoon of vitamin E oil in it.
Preferably, heat these oils and honey slightly in a microwave or saucepan and then add carrot juice. Finally, apply this paste on wet hair and shampoo after half an hour.