Facial cleansers are used to remove extra oil, dirt, and dead cells from the skin. Thus, regular use of a good facial cleanser or face wash makes your skin appear healthy and young.
Moreover, it works best it is prepared from natural ingredients and does not include harmful chemical. So, you can consider experimenting with homemade facial cleansers that suit your skin type.
In addition, most of these skin care recipes are easy, cost-effective, and do not irritate your skin. They can be used daily.
Make sure you remove make-up and wash your face thoroughly with water before applying the mixture. Plus, to get encouraging results, you can steam your face to open up the pores and then apply the cleanser to facilitate deeper cleansing.
Beauty Recipes for Making Facial Cleansers at Home
- • Take a quarter cup of milk, the same amount of cream, and two tablespoons of fresh or dried chamomile flowers. Mix these ingredients and heat the resultant solution slightly. This facial cleanser is considered good for dry and sensitive skin.
- • To get smooth and glowing skin, grind one-eighth cup of blanched almonds and add two tablespoons of whole-milk (you may use cream, too), and a teaspoon of fresh lemon juice in it. Massage your face and neck with this almond-milk recipe and then wash it off.
- • Make an infusion by steeping a teaspoon of green tea and a teaspoon of mint leaves in a cup of water for 15-20 minutes. Strain the solution and allow it to cool. Next, mix a tablespoon of yogurt and two tablespoons of cornmeal in it.
- • Slice an apple and put it in a blender along with two tablespoons of yogurt, and teaspoon each of lemon juice and sweet almond oil. Apply this watery paste on your face and neck to rejuvenate dull skin.
Watch this video explaining how to use milk and yogurt for cleansing dry, oil, or combination skin.
- • Add two tablespoons of glycerin, two tablespoons of corn flour, and one tablespoon of tomato juice in half a glass of mineral water. Heat this mixture slightly in a microwave for a few seconds. Finally, allow it to cool and then apply to cleanse your skin.
- • When dealing with acne and rosacea, prepare an oatmeal facial cleanser by grinding a quarter cup each of rolled oats and chopped almonds in a blender or food processor until you get a fine powder.
Next, add distilled water in it, sufficient enough to form a thin but firm paste. Thus, you may need two to three cups of water. You may mix honey as well. Smear this recipe generously on your face and rub it gently to exfoliate the skin naturally.
- • Those who have a dry skin can apply a combination of two tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil, one teaspoon of milk, and four grapes, all blended in a blender or food processor.
Another homemade facial cleanser for moisturizing the skin involves slightly heating a mixture of one tablespoon each of organic honey, oat bran and a teaspoon of cream.
- • In case of oily skin, you can make a facial cleanser by mixing one teaspoon each of organic honey, milk powder, and a few drops of apple cider vinegar.
- • Take a piece of papaya, an aloe vera leaf, a tablespoon of honey, and a teaspoon of plain yogurt. Blend these ingredients together in a blender or food processor and apply the resultant paste regularly on your skin. It is particularly good for sensitive skin.