Sun tan on skin is caused by exposure to sun that tends to darken your skin tone. Tanning usually develops in a short span of time. It occurs as a protective response to prevent damage due to ultraviolet rays.
Getting rid of the tan, however, takes quite a while. Thus, to facilitate the process of healing this problem you can make use of several homemade face packs to remove sunburn.
You will find that most of these home remedies include lemon juice because it has bleaching properties. In addition, keep in mind that you need to follow these natural cures regularly as they give encouraging results after a few weeks.
“Adopt the pace of nature, her secret is patience.”
– Ralph Waldo Emerson
Homemade Beauty Care Recipes for Suntan Removal
- • Rubbing papaya pulp on tanned skin and then rinsing it off after 15-20 minutes is highly beneficial in reducing the tan and lightening skin color naturally.
- • Prepare a face mask by mixing a tablespoon of gram flour, two teaspoons of yogurt (preferably sour) and a few drops of lime juice.
Apply this paste on your face and wash it off with lukewarm water after 20 minutes. Follow this therapy two to three times in a day. In case you do not have yogurt, use raw milk.
- • Simply applying tomato juice or lemon juice is also considered effective in this regard. Those who have a sensitive skin, though, should avoid using this remedy.
- • Add one part of tomato juice in five parts of buttermilk. Apply this solution on your face and neck with the help of a cotton ball to remove suntan.
The lactic acid present in buttermilk and yogurt is beneficial for the natural treatment of suntan. Besides, when taken separately, tomatoes and buttermilk assist in losing weight.
- • Blend some oatmeal along with plain yogurt and tomato juice. Apply this face pack and rinse it off with cold water after about 20 minutes. You can also add sour cream in this recipe.
- • Combine five teaspoons of coconut oil, four teaspoons of sandalwood oil and two teaspoons of sweet almond oil and massage the resultant blend onto your skin.
- • Regularly applying fresh aloe vera gel on the skin helps reduce sunburn over a period of time.
- • Blend fresh mint leaves along with little water to form a paste. Apply it on tanned skin on a daily basis to heal this problem.
- • Apply a mixture of yogurt and orange juice on your face and neck. Leave it for 10 minutes and then rinse it off with lukewarm water to get rid of tanning on skin.
- • Use a simple sour cream face mask by applying a combination of sour cream and cold milk. Wash it off after 15 to 20 minutes to fade and lighten skin tone.
Here’s a video showing how to make a sunscreen at home.
- • Rubbing cucumber slices on your face also has a cooling effect. Plus, you can apply a combination of lemon juice, yogurt, a pinch of turmeric and grated cucumber daily to get rid of sun tan.
- • Application of a mixture prepared from sandalwood powder, rose water and a little lemon juice soothes the skin and reduces sunburn. Allow the mixture to dry then wash it off with warm water.
- • Exfoliate your skin with a mixture of rose water, glycerin, lemon juice and sugar granules. Scrub this homemade recipe for exfoliation gently on your face in circular motion. Follow this therapy once or twice a week. It also makes your skin soft and smooth.
- • Combine equal quantities of plain yogurt, barley powder, and turmeric. Apply the mixture on tanned skin and wash it off with lukewarm water when it dries. Later on, to remove the yellowish tinge caused by turmeric, soak a cotton ball in raw milk and rub it on your skin.
- • Regularly applying raw potato slices on your face for 15-20 minutes helps in fading sun tan naturally.
- • Mix one tablespoon each of honey, milk powder, lemon juice and half a tablespoon of sweet almond oil. Apply this combination on your face and neck and allow it to dry. Finally, wash it off after 20 minutes.
Apart from using these simple DIY home recipes, you can follow some other suggestions to reduce sun tan. For instance, use an exfoliating sponge while bathing to help the tanning fade faster. It is suggested to exfoliate your skin more often in case you have greasy skin.
Avoid sun exposure as far as possible, especially during midday. If you still have to travel in the sun, make sure you carry an umbrella with you.
Plus, wear a sunscreen with preferably SPF 30 about 20 to 30 minutes before going out and reapply in every three to four hours. Moreover, wear long sleeved clothes and put on a hat to cover your face.
Needless to say, provide sufficient water to your body drinking adequate water throughout the day and including moisture-rich fruits and vegetables such as watermelon, orange, cucumber, tomatoes, etc. to rejuvenate the skin.
Hi! Thanks for the great tips…they are easy to make, trustworthy and very effective.