Before getting to know about the various natural home remedies for Acid Reflux disease and symptoms, let us first try to understand the Acid Reflux Disease. Acid Reflux is a common digestive ailment characterized by reflux of the gastric juices of the stomach back to the esophagus or food pipe because of increased acidic contents or anatomical abnormalities.
Acid Reflux, also known as Gastro Esophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) usually leads to persistent heartburn, chest pain, difficulty swallowing and regurgitation of stomach contents, especially when lying down after having a meal.
There are numerous natural remedies for Acid Reflux Disease but it is important to note that all these natural cures affect different individuals differently.
Therefore, unaware of this fact, people often complain that a specific home remedy that healed their friends completely, proved ineffective or just mildly effective in their case. The successful home treatment of Acid Reflux should be supplemented with adequate dietary measures to achieve best results.
Best Home Remedies for Acid Reflux
• Having aloe vera juice before meals and sucking a piece of clove after meals make for excellent herbal remedies for Acid Reflux.
• Prepare a therapeutic herbal tea by steeping one teaspoon of a mixture of lavender and aniseed in about two and a half cups of boiling water for around five minutes. Next, strain the mixture and add some honey in it to improve the taste. Drink this remedial herbal tea two times in a day to cure Acid Reflux symptoms naturally.
• Simply eating an apple after having a meal works as an effective natural cure for Acid Reflux disease.
• Taking a glass of water mixed with two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar is one of the most popular Acid Reflux home remedies. Baking soda can also be taken in a similar way but it should not be taken in excess.
• Chewing basil leaves or half a teaspoon of fennel seeds serves as one of the best natural treatments for Acid Reflux in children. Having ginger tea is also beneficial in dealing with this disease.
• Keeping the head elevated while sleeping is a highly recommended natural remedy for reducing Acid Reflux to a great extent.
Apart from these Acid Reflux natural remdies, follow other dietary and lifestyle changes as well. For instance, go for frequent small meals at regular intervals instead of having fewer heavy meals. This simple tip is useful in avoiding several other common digestive disorders as well.
Vegetable juices like that of carrot, cucumber and radish are considered highly beneficial in dealing with Acid Reflux naturally at home. However, try to avoid citrus juices.
Plus, avoid wearing extremely tight clothes, quit smoking and try to reduce excess weight in case you are obese to help reduce Acid Reflux symptoms considerably.
Leave a Reply