White clay, also known as white kaolin or China clay is highly beneficial for rejuvenating your skin. It is suitable for all skin types, particularly for dry, sensitive, and mature skin.
It helps tone your skin and heal problems like acne, blemishes, etc. It is used in various skin care recipes because it is a soft and gentle clay that absorbs impurities, stimulates circulation to the skin, and promotes elasticity.
Moreover, it soothes the skin, and refines the pores. White clay is enriched with minerals like magnesium, potassium, silica, iron, calcium, zinc, etc. It is included in a number of skin-care preparations as well.
Homemade White Clay Face Masks
- • You can make an anti aging facial mask by mixing one tablespoon of wheat flour, one teaspoon each of jojoba oil, sweet almond oil, and sufficient distilled water in two ounces of white clay.
Apply the resultant smooth paste on your face and neck with the help of a facial brush. After 15-20 minutes, wash it off lukewarm water and follow up with a moisturizer.
- • Another skin care recipe can be prepared by mixing three tablespoons of white clay and an egg white. Leave this paste on your skin for 10 minutes and then rinse it off.
- • Simply applying two tablespoons of white clay mixed with two teaspoons of distilled water is useful for maintaining healthy skin.
Leave the mask on your skin for 15-20 minutes and then rinse it off with lukewarm water. Finally, follow up with a toner and moisturizer. You can follow this procedure two to three times in a week.
- • Maintain smooth, younger-looking skin by applying a mixture of French white clay powder, jojoba oil, and a little milk to form a paste.
- • Mix one tablespoon of milk or cream and three drops of lavender essential oil in a tablespoon of white clay. Leave this paste on your face and neck for about ten minutes.
Using this recipe a few times in a week can help clarify the skin and brighten your complexion. It also helps reduce pimples and blemishes on sensitive skin.
Watch the following video demonstrating the use of a clay mask.
- • Take an ounce of white clay and add three tablespoons of rose water, one teaspoon of jojoba oil, and two drops each of rose and chamomile essential oils. Apply this mask for 15 minutes and then rinse it off after 15 minutes to revitalize your skin and fade blemishes naturally.
- • Boil two tablespoons each of chamomile and lavender flowers in a cup of water. Pour this solution in three tablespoons of white clay mixed with a little organic honey and oat flour (grind rolled oats finely in a blender, coffee grinder, or food processor).
Apply this paste on your skin and wash it off after 20-30 minutes to exfoliate sensitive skin and get rid of acne.
- • Extract the juice from about five lettuce leaves. Add this juice in two to three tablespoons of white clay along with a tablespoon of finely chopped mint leaves, one teaspoon of dark organic honey, and mineral water, just enough to form a smooth yet sticky paste.
Apply this mixture regularly on your skin to tighten your skin, reduce wrinkles, and remove dead skin cells. To enhance the beauty benefits of this recipe, add rose water instead of mineral water.
Apart from healing skin problems, white clay is also considered good for the digestive system as it helps cure ailments like acidity, diarrhea, dysentery, flatulence, and so on.
Besides, applying a layer of white clay on the skin and covering with a towel or bandage is useful for relieving pain. You can buy pure white clay powder from a health-food store or pharmacy. You may purchase it online, too.
Leave a Reply