What is Asthmatic Bronchitis?
As the name suggests, Asthmatic Bronchitis is condition closely related to Asthma and Chronic Bronchitis. It is characterized by inflammation of bronchial passages and excessive production of mucus.
In addition, the airways become narrow due to swelling and tightening of muscles around airways because of Asthma. Thus, it gives rise to problems like wheezing, shortness of breath and other such symptoms.
In fact, symptoms of Asthmatic Bronchitis and Chronic Bronchitis are somewhat similar but Asthmatic Bronchitis symptoms tend to be more intense as compared to Chronic Bronchitis. Therefore, accurate diagnosis of this condition is quite a challenging task.
It should be identified and treated as soon as possible to avoid further complications. This can be done through conventional medicines as well as home remedies for Asthmatic Bronchitis natural treatment. Natural cures to relieve the condition focus on controlling Bronchitis because there is no cure for Asthma.
Causes of Asthmatic Bronchitis
Asthmatic Bronchitis is characterized by obstruction in the respiratory organs due to a combination of factors like persistent Asthma and untreated Acute Bronchitis leading to Chronic Bronchitis.
Asthma becomes so severe that it causes chronic airflow obstruction even after taking anti-asthmatic therapy. The condition causes inflammation of bronchial mucus membranes in asthmatic individuals.
Prolonged exposure to allergens and irritants like pollutants, dust, mold spores, pollen, toxic fumes, cigarette smoke etc tend to aggravate the problem.
Moreover, respiratory problems in childhood, weak immune system, and frequent viral and bacterial infection causing chronic inflammation in the airways increase the risk of developing the condition. It can be triggered by Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease as well. Asthmatic Bronchitis can affect both children as well as adults. It is not contagious.
Symptoms of Asthmatic Bronchitis
It may also give rise to serious complications like Sinusitis, Pneumonia or other chronic complications. Patient may need to be hospitalized. Conventional treatment of Asthmatic Bronchitis involves the use of bronchodilators, steroid medications and antibiotics.
Natural Home Remedies for Asthmatic Bronchitis
• Herbal teas prepared from ginger, cinnamon, peppermint, spearmint, rosemary, aniseed, eucalyptus, licorice root etc are excellent natural home remedies for Asthmatic Bronchitis home treatment. To enhance the effectiveness of these natural remedies, add some honey as well because it helps prevent mucus formation and tones up internal lining of the respiratory tract.
• Having a combination of one teaspoon of honey mixed with some ginger juice serves as a good Asthmatic Bronchitis home remedy for dry, hacking cough associated with the condition. Regularly taking two teaspoons of a mixture prepared by adding a cup of honey and three tablespoons of lemon juice in a quarter cup of warm water is another valuable home treatment for the condition.
• Taking a cup of grape juice mixed with one teaspoon of honey is also helps reduce the problem. Regular consumption of unsweetened cranberry juice and elderberry juice are useful in reducing respiratory issues caused by Asthma and Bronchitis. However, take these juices in restricted quantities. For instance, you can have two teaspoons of concentrate in a glass of water.
• Regularly having three to five cloves of raw garlic is a highly beneficial natural cure for Asthmatic Bronchitis, Asthma, Bronchitis, Tuberculosis and so on. It has antiasthmatic, expectorant and antibiotic properties. If you are worried about the pungent smell of garlic then you can have fennel seeds after consuming garlic to neutralize the odor.
• Alternative therapies like acupuncture, acupressure and aromatherapy (using thyme, eucalyptus oil etc) are considered as valuable home remedies for Asthmatic Bronchitis relief. Use of magnetized water is also gaining popularity nowadays.
Asthmatic Bronchitis home remedies as well as conventional medicines aim at curing the disease by unblocking the airways and getting rid of infection. In addition, it is recommended to stay away from potential irritants and allergens. Try to avoid exposure to extreme heat, cold or humidity.
Apart from this, use of room humidifiers, take rest and avoid stress. Learn some relaxation and breathing improvement techniques as well. More often than not, Asthmatic Bronchitis heals within a week or ten days or it indicates the possibility of an underlying lung disorder.
Diet for Asthmatic Bronchitis
When dealing with Asthmatic Bronchitis, diet rich in vitamin C and vitamin E is highly recommended. Include judicious amounts of fresh fruits, green vegetables, salads, sprouts and other healthy foods. In addition, drink adequate amount of water at regular intervals. Consume hot vegetable soups and broths.
Besides, avoid having fried, fatty and processed foods, especially the ones containing food additives. Stay away from alcoholic beverages and cigarette smoking. At times, having strong hot coffee serves as one of the most efficient home remedies for Asthmatic Bronchitis as caffeine helps relax and open airways by increasing heart rate and blood flow.