What is Cystic Acne?
Cystic Acne is a severe and painful form of Acne Vulgaris characterized by the formation of large, red and tender lumps with a diameter of approximately 5 mm or more. They are often swollen and filled with pus. Like Acne, Cystic Acne is also caused because of clogged and infected oil ducts.
This form of Acne is quite difficult to cure. Still, a number of skin care home remedies for Cystic Acne natural treatment have been found to be highly beneficial in dealing with this problem effectively.
Giving in to the temptation of squeezing Cystic Acne is generally not advisable as it tends to worsen the condition and increases the risk of developing Acne Scars and Blemishes.
Causes and Symptoms of Cystic Acne
Hormonal fluctuations, production of excess oil on the skin due to overactive oil glands, genetic predisposition, use of certain drugs containing steroids, estrogen, testosterone and other similar factors are the most common causes of Cystic Acne.
Conditions like humidity, accumulation of dead cells on the skin, excessive sweating, stress, use of certain harsh cosmetic products etc also tend to aggravate the symptoms and make Acne Cysts worse by clogging and causing infection in the pores and oil ducts present beneath the skin.
In women, factors like hormonal changes during menstruation and pregnancy generally increase the risk of developing Pimples, Acne, Cystic Acne and other such skin conditions and skin infections. Teenagers are more likely to develop Acne and Acne Cysts as compared to adults.
Cystic Acne usually appears on the face as large, ugly, pus-filled lumps extending up to deeper skin tissues. Unlike other forms of Acne like Blackheads and Whiteheads, Acne Cysts are also accompanied by symptoms like pain, tenderness and inflammation. Though less common, still Cystic Acne may also develop on shoulders, arms, legs, back and trunk.
Natural Home Remedies for Cystic Acne
• Rinsing the face with a solution of apple cider vinegar and water mixed in equal parts is one of the best home remedies for Cystic Acne treatment. Apple cider vinegar can also be used in combination with green tea.
In addition, drink a glass of water mixed with about two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar so as to heal Cystic Acne internally as well.
• Applying a combination of three tablespoons of honey and one teaspoon of cinnamon powder serves as a therapeutic natural cure for Cystic Acne. Honey can also be used along with egg whites to remove Acne Cysts naturally at home.
• Application of aloe vera gel is a highly beneficial Cystic Acne natural remedy that helps to reduce Cystic Acne redness and swelling considerably.
• Cabbage poultice prepared from heated cabbage leaves used as a hot compress is one of the most effective Cystic Acne home remedies.
Simply placing washcloth soaked in warm water on the affected area for about ten minutes is useful in the healing Acne Cysts by pulling the pus out and hence reducing Cystic Acne swelling.
• Mix equal parts of baking soda and water to form a paste. Preferably, add some sea salt as well and then apply this paste on the affected area. This is one of the most popular home treatments for Cystic Acne.
• Placing potato slices or applying potato juice on the affected area is one of the simplest natural home remedies for Cystic Acne. Follow this procedure for about half an hour and then rinse the affected area with warm water. Follow this home remedy on a regular basis to reduce Acne Cysts over a period of time.
• Regularly applying a mixture of honey, lime juice and turmeric powder helps a great deal in getting rid of this problem in a natural way.
• Tea tree oil can also be applied on the affected area to cure Cystic Acne by eliminating the bacterial infection causing this problem and reducing the inflammation of Acne Cysts.
Diet for Cystic Acne
As far as the dietary measures are concerned, a healthy diet with special emphasis on fibrous and nutritious fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds and whole grains, especially the ones rich in vitamin A and vitamin E is highly recommended for curing Cystic Acne.
Therefore, positively include carrots, cucumbers, pumpkins lemons, cabbage, spinach and other such foods in the diet. Plus, avoid the consumption of junk foods and foods containing too much sugar. Red meat is also not considered good in this regard.
However, consume about 6-8 glasses of water at regular intervals throughout the day to help relieve Cystic Acne as well as other skin diseases effectively.
Apart from these dietary measures, there are certain other tips for controlling Cystic Acne. For instance, while washing or drying the face, avoid scrubbing too hard in order to avoid Cystic Acne from getting worse.
Moreover, avoid using harsh soaps and sunscreen lotions on the affected area. Thus, when dealing with Cystic Acne, it is essential to maintain adequate personal hygiene, take a proper diet, exercise well and follow the safe and natural home remedies for Cystic Acne prevention and cure.
I am frustrated with my cystic acne. It irritate me for one year.
I have used CLINIQUE, ORIGIN. But its in vain.
Now i’m starting to take Doxycycline.
Please give youe suggestion/opinion.
Go to the doctor and ask for Accutane. I’ve seen many friends it worked for – they have ZERO pimples anymore where before they had painful subcutaneous cystic acne.
Chasteberry fruit is the only thing that helped me. I started taking chasteberry for female reasons and within a couple of weeks my cystic acne cleared up. I take 1 capsule once a day and I haven’t had any breakouts in 4 months. I also use a small amount of clearasil on the areas where I used to break out. And I use spray in conditioner for my hair b/c the rinse out kind really made me break out.
k great tip. I read some where while using multanimatti we can rid pimples. IS it really works?
That is very encouraging…I have been dealing with this for 6 yrs now and started accutane 1 week ago…so far, nothing good to report, but the doc said my acne would get worse first….I cant wait to see the results after being on it for some time!
Use himalaya neem soape to reduce ace